Home

2K Sports Unveils Features for NHL 2K10 (Press Release)

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Unveils Features for NHL 2K10 (Press Release) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 12:05 AM   #145
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: 2K Sports Unveils Features for NHL 2K10 (Press Release)

people can hate on this game all they want. I liked EA's game just as much as the next the guy, but to me this game was more real. Sure it had its issues. But I guess I don't know that much about hockey to find them yet. Too me the thing that hurt this game was the gRAPHICs and some of the weird animations and that herky jerky movements in replay. If they fixed that this year. I am very happy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 12:15 AM   #146
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
NHL 2K9 was the greatest simulation of the sport of hockey that I have played. VC did a wonderful job with just half a development cycle. With the new A.I. and the brilliant move to make it a more fun game I'm extremely excited about this game.
And like I and others have said, if you consider 2k9 sim with the minimal slider tweaks you've said to have made, than you don't know much about sim hockey and perfer an arcade style. Which is fine to each their own just don't critisize other people for expecting more of a realistic slant.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:16 AM   #147
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
NHL 2K9 was the greatest simulation of the sport of hockey that I have played. VC did a wonderful job with just half a development cycle. With the new A.I. and the brilliant move to make it a more fun game I'm extremely excited about this game.
Eddie, I admire your commitment to 2k hockey, but 2k9 the greatest simulation of hockey? I'm not so sure there are many who are willing to join you in that statement.

I'm hopeful 2k10 makes some big strides this year, but I'll have to see it to believe it.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:28 AM   #148
Banned

With this game the teams played like their real counterparts. I also found out changing the playing styles of teams helped out a lot. I had it set to pretty much like they play in real life and believe it or not they actually did play like the real teams. I set the dumping to 95 and teams were dumping the puck more too. So I have hope and faith in this game!
Old 07-29-2009, 12:31 AM   #149
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
And like I and others have said, if you consider 2k9 sim with the minimal slider tweaks you've said to have made, than you don't know much about sim hockey and perfer an arcade style. Which is fine to each their own just don't critisize other people for expecting more of a realistic slant.
I am cool with that, but why do you have to criticize him. It is a two way street not a one way street. You say this game needs to do a major overhaul; we disagree. You can find a lot of people that agree with you and I can find a lot of people that will agree with me. Who is right? Me a course. No, put I think we can agree to disagree
Old 07-29-2009, 01:22 AM   #150
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I am cool with that, but why do you have to criticize him. It is a two way street not a one way street. You say this game needs to do a major overhaul; we disagree. You can find a lot of people that agree with you and I can find a lot of people that will agree with me. Who is right? Me a course. No, put I think we can agree to disagree
Naw man, if he's fine the way it plays like that who am I to judge? It does get annoying when he repetely posts that 2k9 is sim this sim that when the majority cleary disagrees which is all I was trying to get at.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:29 AM   #151
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Based on 2k9 do you blame them? Savoie, you honestly think it was a good decision on their part to continue with 2k9 to build on a crumbling last gen foundation with old code from previous years (I swear 2k9's goalie models are from 2k3) and consider that some "new" foundation? Its more like a frankenstein new build if you can even call it that.

I mean hell, theres no doubt 2k10 will be an improvement over 2k9 (anything is an improvement over 2k9), the better looking skater models alone will do wonders, as should arena specific entrances and hopefully the improved AI. But moving forward I almost wish they had taken a year off from both MLB and NHL to actually in reality completely build from the ground up, core engine code and all. Its really most likely the only way legacy issues like the franchise freeze will go away for good.
Who's to say really? I mean heck, maybe they did take from previous builds. Who's to say what didn't work for Kush won't work for VC though? The thing is, alot of people aren't just being skeptical, which is something I can understand, but dismissive. Hey, I won't be completely sold myself until I actually play both games. That doesn't mean I'm not gonna be optimistic. All I'm saying is don't write off the series because of recent struggles. I mean, do you think anyone 10 years ago would have believed EA would be the hockey game of choice right now. If anyone can pull the 2K hockey series out of the dumps, I believe it's VC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 01:31 AM   #152
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Who's to say really? I mean heck, maybe they did take from previous builds. Who's to say what didn't work for Kush won't work for VC though? The thing is, alot of people aren't just being skeptical, which is something I can understand, but dismissive. Hey, I won't be completely sold myself until I actually play both games. That doesn't mean I'm not gonna be optimistic. All I'm saying is don't write off the series because of recent struggles. I mean, do you think anyone 10 years ago would have believed EA would be the hockey game of choice right now. If anyone can pull the 2K hockey series out of the dumps, I believe it's VC.
i'm hoping right along with ya.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »