Home

2K Sports Unveils Features for NHL 2K10 (Press Release)

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Unveils Features for NHL 2K10 (Press Release) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #129
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: 2K Sports Unveils Features for NHL 2K10 (Press Release)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
Because I'd give my left arm for that same kind of competition in the football, baseball and college sports markets.
But then you'd have to use your nose or feet to play them. I don't see that as a reasonable tradeoff. Give me crappy games and two hands for my controller!
Old 07-27-2009, 09:09 PM   #130
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
But then you'd have to use your nose or feet to play them. I don't see that as a reasonable tradeoff. Give me crappy games and two hands for my controller!
Only Baa, lol.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:41 PM   #131
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I take that back. The left leg may work a bit better...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 05:22 AM   #132
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Reading posts in this forum makes me so much less frustrated than reading the football forums. So much hate and anger over there. They could learn something from you guys. Like how to type actual sentences.

Anyway, I'm not the biggest hockey fans, but I do enjoy the sport. I'd probably like it a lot more if I lived in an area where it was a prominent sport. Unfortunately I live in WA and you never really hear about it. I'm hoping that both games are great this year. I bought NHL 09 last year but I give both at least a rental. It's weird though, I enjoy playing 2k hockey with friends and EA hockey by myself. I like the visual improvements to 2k10 from the previous years. Like I said I hope they are both great.

Oh and amen to whoever it was that said they just want a game that's fun even if its not 100% sim. I wish more people were like that. I'm sure they would have more fun with sports games.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #133
Rookie

Mikey88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgators253
Reading posts in this forum makes me so much less frustrated than reading the football forums. So much hate and anger over there. They could learn something from you guys. Like how to type actual sentences.

Anyway, I'm not the biggest hockey fans, but I do enjoy the sport. I'd probably like it a lot more if I lived in an area where it was a prominent sport. Unfortunately I live in WA and you never really hear about it. I'm hoping that both games are great this year. I bought NHL 09 last year but I give both at least a rental. It's weird though, I enjoy playing 2k hockey with friends and EA hockey by myself. I like the visual improvements to 2k10 from the previous years. Like I said I hope they are both great.

Oh and amen to whoever it was that said they just want a game that's fun even if its not 100% sim. I wish more people were like that. I'm sure they would have more fun with sports games.
Great post, ufgators253. I think for the most part, people want a fun game but when it comes to major league sports gaming they want autheniticity. Hockey video gaming and gaming in general has come so far so fast that it's hard to accept sub-par AI, weak player models, skating engine etc that NHL2K9 was guilty of. It looks like they've come full-cricle though, 2K10 is looking great! NHL09 on the other hand was a decent sim, and was very fun to play and it looks like NHL10 will be even better. I cant wait for these games to be released!
BTW, i always wondered why there isn't an NHL team in Seattle, you think it could work?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #134
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey88
Great post, ufgators253. I think for the most part, people want a fun game but when it comes to major league sports gaming they want autheniticity. Hockey video gaming and gaming in general has come so far so fast that it's hard to accept sub-par AI, weak player models, skating engine etc that NHL2K9 was guilty of. It looks like they've come full-cricle though, 2K10 is looking great! NHL09 on the other hand was a decent sim, and was very fun to play and it looks like NHL10 will be even better. I cant wait for these games to be released!
BTW, i always wondered why there isn't an NHL team in Seattle, you think it could work?
Oh I agree with a game still needing good A.I. at least. It has to be somewhat challenging and make you earn a win. It also shouldn't force you to lose a game though. But it is looking good so far this year.

But I think it could. We have had a minor league hockey team up here for years. The city also talked about attracting one after the Sonics left but there hasn't been much about it since. I think our fans could get behind supporting them. I know I would seeing as my two favorite teams are in the east (Montreal and Philedelphia).
Old 07-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #135
Banned

OVR: 9

some of you 2k guys should just permanently tape a "kick me" sign on your back.

there is absolutely no reason to be excited. you're just going to end up eating the manure that's being piled your way for another year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #136
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgalv
some of you 2k guys should just permanently tape a "kick me" sign on your back.

there is absolutely no reason to be excited. you're just going to end up eating the manure that's being piled your way for another year.
If that's how you see it, fine. If we want to be excited about the game sounding and looking better than 2K9 so be it. You don't have to try to ruin it for everyone. Videos and more features are coming. Think about the excitement then. Bye bye now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »