Home

2K Sports Unveils Features for NHL 2K10 (Press Release)

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Unveils Features for NHL 2K10 (Press Release) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #97
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Feature List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
The age thing does make a difference. I don't have the time nor the patience to see all of the negatives that might be there. Like you said fun and sim is all I need and for my money 2k sports games are exactly that with all of their games.
I don't think age has anything to do with it...as a matter of fact, I'd be willing to bet I am older than you & Scottdau.

It blows my mind that you only adjust one slider (by one click nonetheless) off of 2k's default settings and feel that it plays sim. Both games play an arcade-style out-of-the-box. I'm getting the impression that you tend to like more of that style -- which is fine but also explains why you may not like EA's game as much as it has been more of a sim-style since it went next-gen.

Not trying to come across the wrong way, but do you follow & watch the real NHL much?
Old 07-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #98
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: 2K Sports Unveils Features for NHL 2K10 (Press Release)

I like last years game, so I am sure I will like this years game even more. It would be funny if they fixed all the AI stuff and we had 2 kick *** games to chose from. To me it is NHL10 for graphics and gameplay and 2k10 authenticity and presentations. If 2K10 really tunes the gameplay and NHL10 goes crazy with Presentation then next years hockey games should be real good!
Old 07-26-2009, 09:43 PM   #99
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
I don't think age has anything to do with it...as a matter of fact, I'd be willing to bet I am older than you & Scottdau.

It blows my mind that you only adjust one slider (by one click nonetheless) off of 2k's default settings and feel that it plays sim. Both games play an arcade-style out-of-the-box. I'm getting the impression that you tend to like more of that style -- which is fine but also explains why you may not like EA's game as much as it has been more of a sim-style since it went next-gen.

Not trying to come across the wrong way, but do you follow & watch the real NHL much?
You have to realize we are not great players. So this game will always be a challenging for us. I am 37, so my time and reflexes are not the same. I just want a game that is fun to play. I get enough of real hockey by watching real hockey. I get realistic scores and stats with my sliders, so to me that is all that matters. But I am not a great player.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #100
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
You've called me out plenty of times, and really I'm not the only person who wouldn't be suprised if you were one. No but you spend time here arguing with people who point out issues with 2k's game in hopes they get fixed like its an insult that someone finds a flaw with something in the game, and generally you reply with the same post over and over and over 2k9 is the best game I ever played almost like its a prepaired response yet you barely expand upon why you like 2k's titles. When you come off sounding like a paid shill 99.9% of the time what do you expect people to think? Its not rocket science. We get it, you really like 2k9 and think 2k is the greatest ever.
Realm, I edited the last part of my post that you quoted. Too late I guess. I am guilty of calling people out your right. Jim didn't give me the "2k police" title for nothing, but hey I'm trying to work on that.

I wish I was paid to do that, but unfortunately I'm not. It's just an opinion that's all. A lot of people here bring up good points, I just don't happen to agree with many of them. I use words like great, but I don't mean perfect. It's just good enough for me. I want the series to improve but I just don't see the flaws that other people see.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:48 PM   #101
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: 2K Sports Unveils Features for NHL 2K10 (Press Release)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I like last years game, so I am sure I will like this years game even more. It would be funny if they fixed all the AI stuff and we had 2 kick *** games to chose from. To me it is NHL10 for graphics and gameplay and 2k10 authenticity and presentations. If 2K10 really tunes the gameplay and NHL10 goes crazy with Presentation then next years hockey games should be real good!
I've said many times already as it was my #1 key issue that if the AI is improved substantially I'll more than likely enjoy 2k10. I'm not sure we'll get the presentation upgrades with NHL10 this year as there were more important areas of the game in regards to the gameplay itself to focus on this year, passing, goaltenders, ai improvements etc. But I have zero doubt in my mind presentation will be a major focus for the 20th aniversary of the NHL series next year with NHL11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 09:51 PM   #102
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
I want the series to improve but I just don't see the flaws that other people see.
So do the rest of us trust me, I played nothing but 2k's game for quite a few years until NHL07 hit. Not all of us wear blinders when playing though and I think thats prolly why you don't see the flaws others do.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #103
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania

Devils fan since 1989, grew up Jersey attended many of their games. And I watch a lot of it on T.V. when I can. Now that probably doesn't mean much. I have liked football since I was 6, but I definitely couldn't get into a debate on the intricacies of the sport with some like LBrulz. What I'm trying to say is that I would bet you and realm probably have more detailed knowledge of the game than I do even with my years of watching hockey. I know that from reading your posts.

I have never been a fan of adjusting sliders too much unless I felt something was blatantly wrong.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:29 AM   #104
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
So do the rest of us trust me, I played nothing but 2k's game for quite a few years until NHL07 hit. Not all of us wear blinders when playing though and I think thats prolly why you don't see the flaws others do.
See though, it's not about wearing blinders so much, as it is just enjoying the gameplay that is offered. I'm pretty much the same way, which is why NHL2K9 appeals to me. Simply because I'm not looking so much for what is just like the NHL and what is not. In other words, I don't really care if the pads aren't correct or the puck is a little big, or if the skating animations are a little off. I play the game for enjoyment and being so analytical only takes away from that. It's really what makes me think gamers will never be completely happy with their sports games. Realism is important in a way, but with alot, it seems they want uber realism and I just don't think that will ever be achieved with video games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »