Home

NHL 2K10 Hands-On Preview (2KHockey)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Hands-On Preview (2KHockey) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 07:41 PM   #33
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 2K10 Hands-On Preview (2KHockey)

I love presentation too in hockey games. One of the things that I think is well over due and I am really happy to hear about is changing the lighting hues to match each arena. I agree with Scott that this will go a long way to making each game in each venue feel unique and will give the game extra life.

This thing bugs me about EA's game. The ice and arena's all feel the same no matter where you go, just painting team logos at center ice doesn't change or add much at all. So I am really happy to hear that 2k have chosen to work on this in their game. I think this addition works subtley to make the game feel organic and not generic presentation wise.

I really, really hope this gets released in Australia.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #34
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce Robot
I love presentation too in hockey games. One of the things that I think is well over due and I am really happy to hear about is changing the lighting hues to match each arena. I agree with Scott that this will go a long way to making each game in each venue feel unique and will give the game extra life.

This thing bugs me about EA's game. The ice and arena's all feel the same no matter where you go, just painting team logos at center ice doesn't change or add much at all. So I am really happy to hear that 2k have chosen to work on this in their game. I think this addition works subtley to make the game feel organic and not generic presentation wise.

I really, really hope this gets released in Australia.
I agree, things like the lighting, arenas, etc. gives the game more life. That is the one area that holds me back from EA hockey. I don't understand why they won't improve this area and have true to life arena's.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:54 PM   #35
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
I agree, things like the lighting, arenas, etc. gives the game more life. That is the one area that holds me back from EA hockey. I don't understand why they won't improve this area and have true to life arena's.
It's not that they "will not' improve that area, but like Redshirt has said, they only have so much $$$ to allocate to certain areas of improvement - and honestly, I'm glad they got the board play/game play right. I would be willing to bet EA focuses more on presentation next year. I do love the 3 starts of the game, the stanley cup celebration, etc..

2k spent alot of time on presentation and hopefully they also spent a great deal of time on game play and smoothness with respect to player movement.

I say this time and time again, those kick arse intros better be in franchise season games this year!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 10:08 PM   #36
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah

I say this time and time again, those kick arse intros better be in franchise season games this year!

I'm sure they will be in franchise mode. Why would they go to all of that trouble to have actual game intros and not use them. Of course I understand the skepticism because of last year. That would be a major disappointment this time.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:58 AM   #37
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Wow! I'll hold off on official judgement until the demo but man, if this game delivers what's mentioned in this article, then hockey fans are in for a treat this year.

Those Whalers jerseys nearly brought a tear to my eye and the arenas look sick - in a good way
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-30-2009, 07:56 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4
I haven't played 2k in a couple years. EA is still my game of choice for hockey (for now). Might actually have to play this game this year. Demo would be nice.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #39
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

damn sounds pretty awesome!! might have to get both for the first time since 06

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Old 08-30-2009, 06:11 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 7

Really interested in the camera angles this year. Play closer to the action could have me switch from EA.
'
'

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »