Home

Backbreaker Video: Running Game Tutorial

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Video: Running Game Tutorial within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 12:42 AM   #145
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: Backbreaker Video: Running Game Tutorial

I like that control scheme... seems very intuitive.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 01:34 AM   #146
MVP

OVR: 22

Has a developer confirmed that the reason for him falling was his foot being stepped on? It could very well be an animation where the offensive lineman just throws all of his weight into the defender.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:36 AM   #147
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
Warping and Clipping are 2 entirely different issues. Warping is when you see a player move from point A to point B in such a way that is physically impossible. Clipping is when you see minor things, such as players hands, feet, legs, or an any object going through part of another object.

Ghosting, well that's self-explanatory.
Actually, clipping is an illegal block in the back.

Funny that we're using the other definition for clipping when discovering it in a football video game.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-11-2010, 02:32 AM   #148
Rookie

Eastsidestory5's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Man they could do soooo much with this engine. I cant stand the player models but thats about it.
I believe they aren't allowed to model their players to look similar to real NFL players.

They are being very careful to avoid any lawsuits

Last edited by Eastsidestory5; 05-11-2010 at 02:37 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:40 AM   #149
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

2K Sports had no problem with it when they made All Pro Football 2K8.

I don't think EA has the license to realistically-proportioned people. Even they don't seem to use it if they do.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-11-2010, 03:06 AM   #150
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastsidestory5
I believe they aren't allowed to model their players to look similar to real NFL players.

They are being very careful to avoid any lawsuits
I don't think that's the reason. How could they prove that a player is based off of a specific NFL player?

I think it may have had something to do with the capabilities of Euphoria. Maybe it just didn't work with a wide range of body types? However I'm sure this is being fixed, especially with Red Dead Redemption using Euphoria for people and the horses. They recently had a video where they were using Euphoria on different bodies (such as aliens and just non-human in general), so I'm sure this is something that will be fixed by the next installment.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:21 AM   #151
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude213
I don't think that's the reason. How could they prove that a player is based off of a specific NFL player?

I think it may have had something to do with the capabilities of Euphoria. Maybe it just didn't work with a wide range of body types? However I'm sure this is being fixed, especially with Red Dead Redemption using Euphoria for people and the horses. They recently had a video where they were using Euphoria on different bodies (such as aliens and just non-human in general), so I'm sure this is something that will be fixed by the next installment.
Because lawyers make a lot of money.

But I digress, its definitely not anything to do with lawsuits, it was probably just simpler to make everyone the same. Did not have enough time to test different body sizes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 04:45 AM   #152
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Yes, this has been gone over in the thread, as you surely got to sometime during your 5 straight replies (there's a multiquote btw). The amazing physics appear to allow him to get his foot stepped on, as the runner then clips through his leg from the bottom of his foot to almost his knee with the center of his foot.
So what if i replied 5 times whats it to you... You reply to every thread here with the same negativity..?? is there a response limit? If there is , i know youre over it.

Stop worrying about what others say and stick to the topic
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »