Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #81
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

I actually walked 4 guys in one inning (two intentional) and gave up 4 runs. I got a little scared, but then I didn't give up a run the final 8 innings, nor did i walk another batter.

pitching is a little harder, but it could even be a little more difficult, IMO.

These are my USER pitching sliders:

Pitch Meter Speed: 100
Pitch Speed: 65
Pitch Break Influence: 100
Pitcher Composure Influence: 100

The most important aspect of control is knowing which way a pitch will break based upon where you stop the pitch meter (either inside or outside the circle). I've noticed the pitch most affected by this is the slider, which now breaks really hard and also fastballs that no longer easily paint the corner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2010, 04:29 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 28

Game is a ton of fun online now. Since the patch i am 5-2. I beat the 12 ranked dude shut him out. I dont know how, dude had 500 games played. lol Guess he was a cheeser, he turned the game off after a few innings, but i still got the W.

Pitching is better, pitchers actually get rattled easier which is nice. Outfielders slowing down is tough adjusting to only because i know pre patch my guy would haul superspeed to make the catch. lol I am actually see'ing hits over the outfielders head.

Damn, only wish there was errors and i would say for my style of play i would give it a solid 9, but no errors brings it down a tad.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I am wondering if the pitch movement slider has a greater effect. That slider did pretty much nothing pre-patch. I've got it at 100 and I notice the fastballs being much less accurate and the two seamers really tailing away now. Some guys aren't noticing a big difference in pitch accuracy while I think it's very noticeable. I'd be curious to see where they have pitch movement at.
I think you are talking about the Pitch Break Influence. That doesn't actually affect how much break you get. It affects the CPU's ability to hit breaking pitches.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 7

Check Swings have officially made me a dangerous hitter online. I am glad I can pull away from garbage, especially those Sliders that I have a weak spot for.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenBalla
Check Swings have officially made me a dangerous hitter online. I am glad I can pull away from garbage, especially those Sliders that I have a weak spot for.
I think they even tuned the check swing some for the 360. It's been easier to pull off since the last patch. And it is so nice to get bailed out when I start to swing at those low and away pitches that give me fits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 4

Here's a new problem caused by the new patch! Welcome back to 2k9!

Created players can no longer be given signature styles as their batting stances. I gave Ryan Zimmerman's stance to a created player. In the player edit screen, that was his stance. In the "drills" mode, however, he has the standard wide/low stance.

Also, with Torri Hunter, you get the standard wide/high stance.

As far as I can tell, this only happens with created players. I changed Colby Rasmus's stance and it took.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #87
Banned

I'm just glad 2K is doing such a good job with the rosters this year. I have no desire to mess with edited rosters at all. MLB Today is pretty much all the game I need now. I might give online another try, and see if the lag has improved.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:38 PM   #88
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
I'm just glad 2K is doing such a good job with the rosters this year. I have no desire to mess with edited rosters at all. MLB Today is pretty much all the game I need now. I might give online another try, and see if the lag has improved.
That is until you start a franchise, then take a look at how bad the rosters get. They are all wrong immediately, even before spring training starts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »