Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2010, 08:28 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Okay, apparently this patch fixed more than what was in the notes. this is

1. weird that 2k would fix something and not tell us about it

and

2. ABSOLUTELY stupid of them not to tell their customers that they fixed big issues, especially considering their current PR problems.

The first thing they fixed that was NOT in the notes was the double switch issue. You can now leave your pinch hitter in the game, and there is an option for both "sub pitcher" and "double switch". I think they tried to sneak this one in. You could NOT do this before, but they tried to make it seem like it was there all along. Why they wouldn't at least take credit for fixing a big bug is beyond me.

Second, they fixed the issue with spring training stats. Your 2010 spring training stats were being added to the 2009 regular season. For instance, if you club 3 homers with Albert Pujols is spring training in your new franchise, he would be number one on the list for most homers with 50 in 2009. He would also be credited with about 180 games played in his player stats from 2009. this is no longer the case.

Third, there is rumor going around that generated rookies no longer cause franchise mode to freeze. I haven't confirmed this.

WHY wouldn't 2K take credit for this. Surely they couldn't have fixed this by accident.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:31 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 4

Just to add another reason why it's weird and stupid for 2k not to include everything in their notes....

I know a LOT of people who traded in their game before the patch dropped when they saw the notes. Now it turns out that there are more fixes than they took credit for.

Their own fault. They're screwing themselves out of money.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:55 PM   #91
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv

Damn, only wish there was errors and i would say for my style of play i would give it a solid 9, but no errors brings it down a tad.
So, is this confirmed all around? No errors? Just an amazing oversight at this point in a series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2010, 09:06 PM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 1

for the most part, everyone seems to be concerned with some of the patches: double switches, etc. I just care about the franchise freeze up with drafted rookies. Is this fixed, or not?! If not, then there's simply no reason to play whatsoever. Someone confirm this, please.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #93
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddivegas
for the most part, everyone seems to be concerned with some of the patches: double switches, etc. I just care about the franchise freeze up with drafted rookies. Is this fixed, or not?! If not, then there's simply no reason to play whatsoever. Someone confirm this, please.
Yes, that seems to have been fixed. However, progression is still hopelessly broken.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:56 PM   #94
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

Freezing with edited rosters .. I updated the last Xbox update, and everytime I go to start a franchise and it locks up
Old 05-23-2010, 11:25 PM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 3

I am not that surprised that 2K could not fix the error issue....what I am amazed about....actually stunned about is that they could completely forget to put errors into the game in the first place. It sounds like that they could not fix the issue because they could not insert animations into the game....so this wasn't some sort of AI problem, the graphics just were not there display.

ERRORS! 2k....ERRORS IN BASEBALL!! GEEZ!!!!! Errors have decided many, many, many baseball games. Just. Wow.....do yourself a favor....hire you a couple of college kids that like baseball and have them play games. ....and fire your whole QA department.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2010, 11:32 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caventer
I am not that surprised that 2K could not fix the error issue....what I am amazed about....actually stunned about is that they could completely forget to put errors into the game in the first place. It sounds like that they could not fix the issue because they could not insert animations into the game....so this wasn't some sort of AI problem, the graphics just were not there display.

ERRORS! 2k....ERRORS IN BASEBALL!! GEEZ!!!!! Errors have decided many, many, many baseball games. Just. Wow.....do yourself a favor....hire you a couple of college kids that like baseball and have them play games. ....and fire your whole QA department.

It's made all the more frustrating because there are errors in the game, you just hardly ever see them. I had two in one inning recently but hadn't seen any prior to that and of course none since.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »