Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caventer
I am not that surprised that 2K could not fix the error issue....what I am amazed about....actually stunned about is that they could completely forget to put errors into the game in the first place. It sounds like that they could not fix the issue because they could not insert animations into the game....so this wasn't some sort of AI problem, the graphics just were not there display.

ERRORS! 2k....ERRORS IN BASEBALL!! GEEZ!!!!! Errors have decided many, many, many baseball games. Just. Wow.....do yourself a favor....hire you a couple of college kids that like baseball and have them play games. ....and fire your whole QA department.

I don't think they forgot. They implemented a brand new fielding system and just didn't have time to do it. Which is still inexusable. I like MyPlayer mode, but they shouldn't have even touched that concept until they had the baseball part of the game under control.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:12 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Patch is out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
FALSE, but injuries up to 7 or 8
the patch is out for ps3 i have it on ps3 and it a fun game
Old 05-24-2010, 01:46 AM   #99
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230
Okay, apparently this patch fixed more than what was in the notes. this is

1. weird that 2k would fix something and not tell us about it

and

2. ABSOLUTELY stupid of them not to tell their customers that they fixed big issues, especially considering their current PR problems.

The first thing they fixed that was NOT in the notes was the double switch issue. You can now leave your pinch hitter in the game, and there is an option for both "sub pitcher" and "double switch". I think they tried to sneak this one in. You could NOT do this before, but they tried to make it seem like it was there all along. Why they wouldn't at least take credit for fixing a big bug is beyond me.

Second, they fixed the issue with spring training stats. Your 2010 spring training stats were being added to the 2009 regular season. For instance, if you club 3 homers with Albert Pujols is spring training in your new franchise, he would be number one on the list for most homers with 50 in 2009. He would also be credited with about 180 games played in his player stats from 2009. this is no longer the case.

Third, there is rumor going around that generated rookies no longer cause franchise mode to freeze. I haven't confirmed this.

WHY wouldn't 2K take credit for this. Surely they couldn't have fixed this by accident.
If someone can confirm the generated rookies no longer causing franchise mode freezes, that would be great. If that's true, I will keep the game. If not, it's getting traded in.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-24-2010, 07:00 AM   #100
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caventer
ERRORS! 2k....ERRORS IN BASEBALL!! GEEZ!!!!! Errors have decided many, many, many baseball games. Just. Wow.....do yourself a favor....hire you a couple of college kids that like baseball and have them play games. ....and fire your whole QA department.
Bill Buckner disagree with you.

And don't blame QA for no errors. This was a design decision and falls directly on the main guys.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:40 AM   #101
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
If someone can confirm the generated rookies no longer causing franchise mode freezes, that would be great. If that's true, I will keep the game. If not, it's getting traded in.
I believe that's been fixed. I tried it and it worked, as have others. Progression is still hopelessly and terribly broken. But at least it won't freeze on you. So now instead of an unplayable franchise, now it's just an awful franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2010, 10:38 AM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 6

Haven't had a chance to try out the new patch yet, but is the generic bald headed guy still there when you call up a player or did they fix that? Thanks in advance!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #103
Rookie

tmac55's Arena

OVR: 6

After playing a dozen games with the patch, I would like to thank 2K for tightening core gameplay. The tuning of wall catches, fielder arms and speed, pitching, and tagging logic have saved this game for me.

I am not a huge franchise guy, so I can only speak for what I play and it's nice to enjoy this game in the manner.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #104
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac55
After playing a dozen games with the patch, I would like to thank 2K for tightening core gameplay. The tuning of wall catches, fielder arms and speed, pitching, and tagging logic have saved this game for me.

I am not a huge franchise guy, so I can only speak for what I play and it's nice to enjoy this game in the manner.
I agree. I noticed a HUGE difference in the core gameplay when I played my first post patch game last night. VERY happy with this patch. It made a good game better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »