Home

NBA Elite 11 Video: Exclusive Shooting Fundamentals Developer Diary

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Video: Exclusive Shooting Fundamentals Developer Diary within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2010, 08:02 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Exclusive Shooting Fundamentals Developer Diary HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
Sorry about that. I completely agree with your points here, but my area of expertise is gameplay, animation and physics and I am not in a position to talk about online features for the game right now. That's why I left the questions unanswered.

I'll be sure to bring up these concerns with others on the dev team.
But i'm sure you're in better position than I am to bring this to the attention of those in charge of this? I really appreciate the fact you checked it out and would appreciate it even more if you brought it to their attention. I've heard complains about this online every time i play team play.

Thank you, i truly appreciate it and means a lot to the consumer when developers listen. Makes all the difference in the world, makes me want to support them.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Elite 11 Video: Exclusive Shooting Fundamentals Developer Diary

reanimator, the bank shot shooting animation looks awkward. I feel like thats due to the shooting system. The shot is long when the player releases the ball later which is unrealistic, in actuality when you are coming down you lose power. Those bankshots look very unrealistic. What I am getting at is that in order to pull of a bank shot one should not have to release the ball later. It just doesnt make sense.

Also the game needs a whole lot of new animations, that goes for the net, dunks, layups, fadeaways. I know its a work in progress so we will see.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5
my honest opinion i think nba elite got potental to be the greatest hoop game of all time if everything comes together right wow what a impact this will make if i can control every aspect of my player
Old 06-29-2010, 08:15 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham9891
reanimator, the bank shot shooting animation looks awkward. I feel like thats due to the shooting system. The shot is long when the player releases the ball later which is unrealistic, in actuality when you are coming down you lose power. Those bankshots look very unrealistic. What I am getting at is that in order to pull of a bank shot one should not have to release the ball later. It just doesnt make sense.

Also the game needs a whole lot of new animations, that goes for the net, dunks, layups, fadeaways. I know its a work in progress so we will see.
Did you even read what rEAnimator wrote at the top of this page?

He said that new animations are being put in and this footage was captured before a lot of new animations were put in. So to say that the game needs a whole lot of new animations maybe true but you really should read the whole thread before making a statement.

I do however agree with you in regards to the bank shot as it looks a bit funny because you have to force a shot long to bank it in. rEAnimator, can you make a bank shot without having to hold the shot stick longer and releasing on your way down?
Old 06-29-2010, 08:15 PM   #21
NBA Elite Developer

OVR: 23

Quote:

I agree with you on the shot power thing. We've had this discussion amongst the dev team about the power meter.

Basically, an early release in real life should result in a lower powered shot. A late release in real life should result in a lower powered shot.

However, people who play video games are trained to think of a power meter as just that. The longer you charge the power, the more power you'll get.

Unfortunately these two ideas conflict.

We've focus tested the two and for now the power meter remains as it is in the video. If you feel strongly about it one way or the other, voice your opinions, post a poll, make it known how you feel.

The game isn't done yet so it is possible to have an influence.

I cannot promise anything will change, but if you feel strongly about it you should make that known.

We are listening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 08:22 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Yea im not feeling the bankshots either.

rEAnimator

The art of the bankshot by Dwayne Wade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTA1Xgnhg7A

Tim Duncan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de9u7...eature=related

Last edited by mharlem; 06-29-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #23
Banned

nba 2k11 is going to kill this game
Old 06-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 10

It it possible for me to brick a midrange shot? I dont just mean hitting the back of the rim. What determines the power of the shot? Is it always a late release?

Can the basketball hit the backboard as well? The physics of the basketball will play a big role in this game.

I like the control that's displayed in the video, but I'm also concerned to say the least. I cant wait to bust out half court shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »