Home

Madden NFL 11 Full Player Ratings: Pittsburgh Steelers and Cincinnati Bengals

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Full Player Ratings: Pittsburgh Steelers and Cincinnati Bengals within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2010, 11:34 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
Harrison is a little over rated while Woodley and A. Smith and Farrior are all just slightly under rated.

edit: also I feel like Chad is over rated. Mauluga and Rivers are over rated. Geathers is over rated. D. Jones is under rated. Ndukwe is under rated but that is debatable.
how can yu say all those players from the bengals underrated they all killed it last year, but one thing i noticed is that the bengals roster is missing back up free safety tom nelson,who is under the radar but a real good athlete and they think he's gonna be good
Old 07-12-2010, 12:16 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 11 Full Player Ratings: Pittsburgh Steelers and Cincinnati Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvbearscb
how can yu say all those players from the bengals underrated they all killed it last year, but one thing i noticed is that the bengals roster is missing back up free safety tom nelson,who is under the radar but a real good athlete and they think he's gonna be good
Look at the stats. Even taking missed games into consideration, Dhani Jones was by far the best linebacker for the Bengals last year.

Ndukwe may not be under rated by much, but I don't think he gets the respect he deserves around the league.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:59 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 11 Full Player Ratings: Pittsburgh Steelers and Cincinnati Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sav23
Also Mendenhall's got butter fingers, he fumbled so much last year
And I thought Maroney was the only RB who got called butterfingers for fumbling three times in one season.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:01 AM   #60
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahThePatsFan
And I thought Maroney was the only RB who got called butterfingers for fumbling three times in one season.
Steelers fans are very hard on offensive players. You wouldn't believe the amount of Steelers fans who blame last year's 4th quarter defensive collapses on the offense. We are especially hard on starting QBs, HBs not named Bettis, and WRs not named Ward.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
Steelers fans are very hard on offensive players. You wouldn't believe the amount of Steelers fans who blame last year's 4th quarter defensive collapses on the offense. We are especially hard on starting QBs, HBs not named Bettis, and WRs not named Ward.
Really? I thought you guys were in love with Roethlisberger :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #62
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahThePatsFan
Really? I thought you guys were in love with Roethlisberger :P
There are a lot of fans who are very quick to throw him under the bus after every sack, INT, etc. I think after SB XLIII most of them realized how lucky we were, but there were plenty of people all through that season who seemed to favor Byron Leftwich over Ben. Then there are some of the old school fans who hated that Ben put up big numbers last year. They think if a QB puts up a lot of yards that he's a stat hog and that's all he cares about.

I think there are a lot of fans who have forgotten all the Steelers QBs between Bradshaw and Ben. Not a good bunch.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:53 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 20

I really think completion percentage is a terrible way to judge accuracy, there are too many other factors that effect completion percentage than throwing an accurate pass. I think ben's deep accuracy could be a little higher, maybe around an 80 but no higher, but one thing to look at that a little differently and not think it should be too much higher is how ben throws deep.

Usually rather than trying to fit the ball into a tight window like some other qbs he tends to favor holding the ball, extending the pocket, and waiting until the reciever is open. Not that this is a bad thing, just the way he plays, and it plays very well into ben's skill set with his mobility and him being a big guy who is tough to bring down. As long as that is properly shown in the ratings and gameplay I am fine with his accuracy. Afterall by giving the wrs more time to get open you make the throws easier meaning less need for accuracy to complete the same number of passes.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:47 AM   #64
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
I really think completion percentage is a terrible way to judge accuracy, there are too many other factors that effect completion percentage than throwing an accurate pass. I think ben's deep accuracy could be a little higher, maybe around an 80 but no higher, but one thing to look at that a little differently and not think it should be too much higher is how ben throws deep.

Usually rather than trying to fit the ball into a tight window like some other qbs he tends to favor holding the ball, extending the pocket, and waiting until the reciever is open. Not that this is a bad thing, just the way he plays, and it plays very well into ben's skill set with his mobility and him being a big guy who is tough to bring down. As long as that is properly shown in the ratings and gameplay I am fine with his accuracy. Afterall by giving the wrs more time to get open you make the throws easier meaning less need for accuracy to complete the same number of passes.
Sure, he holds the ball and that helps some guys get open, but he still has to be accurate. There also plenty of times where he has to fit the ball into a tight window... look at his last throw of Super Bowl XLIII.

Ben has definitely never been one to shy away from throwing into tight spots or into coverage, and he usually winds up with pretty good results.

Even if he did get all his completions from wide open passes and wasn't extremely accurate, it wouldn't explain why his accuracy ratings are almost identical to Mark Sanchez... Big Ben is every bit as accurate as any of the top 10 QBs in the league and the ratings should show that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »