Home

NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution

This is a discussion on NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #113
Rookie

bnoe1023's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution

Why dont they just allow us to manually edit players ratings in Dynasty mode. That would alleviate much of these ratings problems
Old 07-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #114
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Thumbs down Re: NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
It is really time for EA to pay more attention to detail on their games. It is inexcusable for a video game to have this many flaws and glitches year-in, year-out.
Obviously you aren't too unhappy with it. You bought it and pimp an NCAA 11 dynasty in your sig. You can't have it both ways man. Either live with it or send a message with your wallet.

Last edited by sois; 07-28-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:07 AM   #115
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Obviously you aren't to unhappy with it. You bought it and pimp an NCAA 11 dynasty in your sig. You can't have it both ways man. Either live with it or send a message with your wallet.
that's easier said than done. i've bought this game every year since '96. people who love it are sometimes the most vocal because they want the best for it and themselves.

i would probably play this game if it was 8 bit (and the only one offered) because i love sports gaming and i love coll fb.
Chicago White Sox
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #116
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDTGodfather
that's easier said than done. i've bought this game every year since '96. people who love it are sometimes the most vocal because they want the best for it and themselves.

i would probably play this game if it was 8 bit (and the only one offered) because i love sports gaming and i love coll fb.
Well, let me just tell you that this is year one without NCAA for me since 2000 or so. It feels kind of good to demand excellence. I want to play the game but I know i will be disappointed with the dynasty mode so I'm staying away. Tiburon has lost a customer and I won't be back until the dynasty mode exceeds College Hoops 2K8.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #117
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnoe1023
Why dont they just allow us to manually edit players ratings in Dynasty mode. That would alleviate much of these ratings problems
It would still be a lot of work to edit all those rosters year in year out.

If I do keep NCAA 11. I'll have to stick to 5-7 year dynasties and hope there is a patch released soon.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #118

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Obviously you aren't too unhappy with it. You bought it and pimp an NCAA 11 dynasty in your sig. You can't have it both ways man. Either live with it or send a message with your wallet.
I think this is baloney. I never said this game was terrible. I never said I did not enjoy it. I just said that there are too many errors in the game and in many areas they should show more pride in the details of their work. The game has sloppy areas all over the place but that does not mean I should quit it all together.

Me not buying the game won't change a thing.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 07-28-2010, 10:48 AM   #119
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I have a question about all this progression stuff. More like, trying to read into minds of certain gamers:

Out of curiosity, why do some buy a new game, then sim ahead 5, 10, 15+ years? What's the point? I mean, simming past this current season, I can understand. You may want to start building a new dynasty from scratch, so simming 1 year ahead makes sense to me.

But more than that? See, I guess I'm a different kind of gamer. I like playing along with the current season, then taking a break and starting up again when the real next season begins. I never sim; I play every game just like real life.

So I guess I don't really understand the point of simming so far ahead to see what, how progression is "broken?" I mean, isn't that similar to renting a movie only to fast forward right to the end? Or skipping right to the end of a book for that matter, to see if you like it?

It's not just here, I see this in The Show forums, and Madden as well.Guys buying these games and within three days, already simmed to the season 2016, for example. Again, what are you looking for?

As to the question of " How did the testers miss this???" I'd venture a guess that they don't sim either; they probably play for hours on end looking for immediate bugs and glitches. Also, the devs probably figure that most hardcore gamers will only play for this year, then piddle around in offseason, then buy next year's game, do it again, and so on.

This is kinda long, I know. Again my question is, why sim so far ahead instead of play out each game in the current season, then proceed to the offseason? What are you looking for?

Thanks...
I have to disagree with that. How many people play for just one year and then move on to NCAA 12? What would be the point of them adding recruiting, coaching goals, and so on to dynasty? They have to figure people will play more then 1 year. This is dynasty mode, right?

Last edited by Buckeyes_Doc; 07-28-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #120

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Probably the very first thing I would do if I was assigned to dynasty mode testing would be to sim 10 years into the future to see how the teams looked in comparison to the default rosters. That right there would be the starting point that would tell me what needs tweaking.

EA needs to be less secretive about their games and let a mass # of volunteers come to their facility to test things out. I would certainly do it.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »