Home

Translating the Best Japanese Baseball Games into English (Spirits Translation)

This is a discussion on Translating the Best Japanese Baseball Games into English (Spirits Translation) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #49
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Translating the Best Japanese Baseball Games into English (Spirits Translation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousReignz
Anyone import this?
Yep, the game is region free - it plays in a US PS3, PS2 or PSP.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:48 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Translating the Best Japanese Baseball Games into English (Spirits Translation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
Just an FYI: when the very first 2010 impressions came out back in April I remember someone said the PYS 2010 (PS2 version) looked alot better than the PYS6 (PS2 version.) According to him they really upgraded graphics and animation and he was very happy. Maybe you can find his post by doing a forum search.

I don't have the PS2 version but I can say the PSP version's graphics are great, so I think Konami respects these formats (they aren't just roster updates.)
This is also a response to Henne's initial question regarding the differences between the PS2 and PS3 version of PYS6. I don't own any of the PS3 versions of PYS6 or PYS2010, but I do have both on PS2. I also have PYS2010 on PSP.

From what I've heard, PYS6 on PS3 had some cutscene issues (black screen for 5 seconds at a time sometimes). PS2 did not have this issues.

PYS6 is a huge, and I mean huge upgrade from PYS5 and PYS5 Kanzenban on the PS2. And with that said, PYS2010 is another huge, and I mean huge upgrade from PYS6 on the PS2.

If you have a PS2, get PYS2010, seriously. And if you love the WBC get PYS6 also. PYS2010 is so good it's just amazing. The engine runs incredibly well on the PS2. It's not like the Show. The Show on PS2 has no attention to detail. The game was unplayable. PYS on PS2 is the best version to get for me. The engine runs so well on the PS2. I also believe the PS2 has a better frame rate and better controller response time than the PS3.

PYS on PS2 FTW!
Old 08-12-2010, 04:35 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullgatsu
When the say bat/ball physics are good in this game they mean bat meets ball=good physics. Much is thanks to it's cursor batting system which allows for good hit varity and for being less statsbased, The Show have a system that sometimes try to follow the players stats instead of the user input no matter, When you ground out in PYS you will know why it happend. I couldn't see that the ball moves any slower then in The Show will being thrown around the bases and I checked alot videos for comparision. Here is something that PYS is cleary superior to The Show and that is hardly any glitches exist in the game.
I think this is very well said Fullgatsu. PYS is designed differently than the show. The Show may have more bells and whistles, but what is in PYS is quality. The Show may have minor bugs, a complicated stats based hitting system. PYS is a user experience. It is a baseball sim in every sense of the world, but also is a sim combined with user creativity with a simplicity and reward that the Show simply doesn't offer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #52
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROCK

NotoriousReignz's Arena

OVR: 17

Took a chance and purchased the game yesterday from an ebay seller in Korea, and they shipped it already.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:21 PM   #53
Pro

rynecandy's Arena

OVR: 8
I got PYS 5 when it came out and enjoyed it but the Jap. text always limited the game to me. Thanks for directing me to this site. I will have to pick up my game again to play.

edit: I started the Training mode and most of the info from the site can be used for PYS 5. How much do y'all think this translation can be applied to older versions? Was anything changed in a major way, such as menus, game controls, etc? Thanks.

Last edited by rynecandy; 08-12-2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: added questions
Old 08-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynecandy
I got PYS 5 when it came out and enjoyed it but the Jap. text always limited the game to me. Thanks for directing me to this site. I will have to pick up my game again to play.

edit: I started the Training mode and most of the info from the site can be used for PYS 5. How much do y'all think this translation can be applied to older versions? Was anything changed in a major way, such as menus, game controls, etc? Thanks.
I think most can be used to the older version since they haven't changed much in the menus. Game controls have remained the same since 4 to my knowledge and the skills have also stayed the same. I don't think anyone should have a problem using the PYS 2010 translation to a older version, except maybe stardom mode which has changed but it was really simple 4 and 5 so I don't think anyone should have problem with that.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:41 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0
Saw this article the other day and within hours I was set on getting this game. Got it for $40 off a Korean based eBay seller. So I have the Korean version of a Japanese Game...Whatever. I can't read it either way.

Looking foward to this game. Just got shipped today, so it should arrive in a few days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 02:46 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3
#1. I've always wished The Show would switch to that batting cursor that this and MLB Power Pros uses although it'll probably never happen.

#2. I wonder if the commentary is any good?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »