Home

Out of Bounds: Best Madden Innovations

This is a discussion on Out of Bounds: Best Madden Innovations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #17
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
the vision cone was amazing! I loved it
Old 08-17-2010, 11:08 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Out of Bounds: Best Madden Innovations

1. Not really an innovation, games before were just doing what they could with the hardware available. The original Madden ran like crap because of 22 players.

2. I'm not really a franchise guy, but Tecmo Super Bowl 2 has a multi-season mode with trades five years earlier. I'm sure their were PC games based on the idea of franchise mode before Madden got it.

3. Wasn't there something similar in NFL 2K5 that was released earlier?

4. Good, but flawed, idea that was hated by many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Passing windows
Don't remind me of those damn things. No visibility and only three receivers? Tecmo bowl style arrow over the head was a lot more functional.

Last edited by Cobra84; 08-17-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:21 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 7
whats really sad is that all of those were made before this generation of systems and with all the power of these consoles we still havent had games better than madden 2005
Old 08-18-2010, 08:15 AM   #20
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Madden playing 11 on 11 football is not an innovation. Madden wasn't even the first game to do it.

There was a game called 4th & Inches, which came out the year before Madden
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6130897/p-7.html

And there was an NFL game on the NES in 1989 (same year as the first Madden computer game) that was also 11 on 11: http://nesguide.com/games/nflfootball/
Old 08-18-2010, 08:18 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1
I'm very sad that unfortunately we've been playing the same roster updated game for the last 5 years or so. Too bad there are not more choices for consumers, but with the greed of people and exclusive licenses, that will never happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 08:34 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 16
There really hasn't been anything that Madden has done that has truly been innovative. I mean they added things like pro-tak, sideline catches, better accelleration, but nothing truly out the box. I don't think Madden is a horrible game but it definately doesn't feel next gen.

Ever since the infamous 06 trailer that had us all fooled into thinking that was what Madden would grow into they really haven't achieved any excitement in a long long time. Its sad that a game like 2k had so many things right on a ps2. Its sad that a game like BB though majorly flawed has a lot more potential than Madden. Its really is like they just keep adding some new paint and shining the same game up instead of taking that step forward into a new next gen Madden. We all can see the vision in our heads of how Madden should look, feel, and play by now but EA seems unwilling to deliver.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:45 AM   #23
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
I may be in the minority here but, I loved the vision cone. I think it was a great idea that didn't come off correctly. But, if it was in the game today as it was then, I'd be using it. Hopefully they bring it back with more upgrades to it.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:57 AM   #24
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

dam.. 20+ years, and you could only come up with 4 things?
and 2 of which are debatable as whether they are really innovate or not.
talk about a backhanded compliment, lol

but it really tells you a lot about the direction of this game.. and its only getting worse every year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »