Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Dynasty Tuning and More Details on Coaching Carousel

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Dynasty Tuning and More Details on Coaching Carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2011, 11:29 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 32
Re: New Dynasty Blog - Dynasty Tuning

It says that schools recruit based on their play style. Does this mean that if, say Georgia Tech hires June Jones, will they immediately recruit a Pocket Passer?
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Old 05-27-2011, 11:46 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
Not a word about tuning the generated recruits sizes and tendencies. That's been such a major complaint I can not believe they would not have mentioned it in that blog if they had fixed it. All the tuning to how schools recruit to their schemes will not matter one bit if they still recruit 6'7 185lbs run stopping DE's for the 3-4 or 165lbs power backs for a power running game.
Absoolutely and you cant feel good recruiting a player who doesnt fit the bill in size for their position, i would skip a recruit who was five stars because of that and recruit a player with less stars just so my roster wouldnt be screwed up looking with wideouts playing defensive end and tight ends playing on the offensive line i HATE that more than anything else in NCAA
Old 05-28-2011, 12:31 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 12 Blog - Dynasty Tuning and More Details on Coaching Carousel

Things like how much of an effect coaching prestige has on player progression should be things we can control. We should really be able to control anything but this seems like an example where it would probably be easy to give us a slider that's fairly simple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2011, 12:46 AM   #76
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NCAA Football 12 Blog - Dynasty Tuning and More Details on Coaching Carousel

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Yea, I hated NCAA 10, but I think it was because I looked at the problems it had way too much. When I got NCAA 11 I really enjoyed it, but then I started to repeat the following year's story and started to dislike it more and more because I looked at everything and found something wrong with it. Took a little break from the game and started to just play the game and have fun while focusing on what it did and I probably enjoyed those 4 seasons I did like that more than any other seasons I ever played in any football game.

The only problems that still bothered me in that dynasty was the zone defense and K/P recruits. Now that they fixed those, I will probably have a hard time putting 12 down if I play it like I did the end of 11.
As much as I play NCAA 11, it still frustrates me to no end. Before I bought NCAA 11, I was into all of the hype, I remember being being as excited as a 10 year old is for Christmas. Unfortunately once I started playing the game, all of the glaring flaws just screamed out at me, and It made it incredibly hard to enjoy the game. As you said, the best way to enjoy the game is to just ignore all of the flaws and just play, that's probably why the first season I played was the most fun I've ever head in a Football game. Ignorance is bliss. I've been trying to take up that approach again, just shrug it off when my free safety somehow ends up 10 yards further down field, than the guy who's in his zone wide open, etc.

With the new zone defense, I'm really excited to actually play defense now. Last year it was just so broken, along with special teams. It just felt incomplete, it was like offense was the only real phase of the game.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 05-28-2011, 12:49 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 31

With the new zone defense being in the game, you'll now here on the forums that the defense is too hard. Can't please everyone.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:51 AM   #78
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
With the new zone defense being in the game, you'll now here on the forums that the defense is too hard. Can't please everyone.
Defense being too hard will make me . Now if it unrealistically hard, then... :/

― Plato
Old 05-28-2011, 12:54 AM   #79
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Defense being too hard will make me . Now if it unrealistically hard, then... :/
Me too. Im a defensive kinda guy anyways. I think it will be less of a challenge to make the defense easier than make the defense harder like in previous years.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:56 AM   #80
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Probably will be, or I hope. Last year, you either had WR Mirroring like crazy and zones that still hardly worked, or zones that never worked with more realistic man coverage.

Hopefully when they say the removed WR mirroring that means that even at 100 the DBs don't mirror WRs, but just stick with them like glue.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »