Home

EA Sports Clarifies New CBA Rules For Madden NFL 12, Updated Rosters at Launch

This is a discussion on EA Sports Clarifies New CBA Rules For Madden NFL 12, Updated Rosters at Launch within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #25
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: EA Sports Clarifies New CBA Rules For Madden NFL 12, Updated Rosters at Launch

Far as the new CBA rules for salary cap not been in this year is fine. It really ain't a big deal to be honst. Glad to hear there will be a roster update day of the release from the start. Got to love it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: EA Sports Clarifies New CBA Rules For Madden NFL 12, Updated Rosters at Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsimpson2
Actually, Peter77733 is correct. I did not have gold but was able to download roster updates last year. I believe you do it by clickiing on "depth charts".
wow, well that's good news then. i was clicking on "update roster" last year.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #27
Rookie

zdmetal's Arena

OVR: 6
It's too bad they can't do it, would have been really nice. You can't really blame them though, they have no control over it.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 18
I'm no madden die hard and haven't been since 2008, so this is no real deal breaker for me. I imagine the NBA game will have a similar story because of the NBA lockout should the lock out cut into the dev cycle. The fact that they are however keeping the rosters updated is to be expected. Let's hope the game is worth it.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:41 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think it's kinda funny that EA would even address this.

Why would anyone think that they would implement the details of this brand new CBA, when they have never implemented any previous one accurately??

Think about the major points from the new CBA....they either don't apply or were wrong the last time:

- Revenue split. Doesn't matter in Madden. Sets the cap, but I don't believe that it was ever kept realistically in franchise

- Improved player benefits (including retired players). Irrelevant

- reduced practices. reduced contact in practices. Irrelevant

- 46-man gameday rosters. Eliminated the emergency QB designation. Neither was ever implemented in Madden.

- Rookie wage scale. Rookie contracts were never realistic.

- Minimum salaries increased (based on years accrued). Min salary existed, but was never based off years in the league.

- Franchise Tag - 1 yr per player - had franchise tag, could have upgraded to make it so you couldn't tag the same player twice. this could have applied.

- Can't use franchise and transition tag in the same year - didn't have transition tags

- 4 years to unrestricted free agency - Madden doesn't have restricted free agency.

- 95% salary floor - Madden didn't have previous 80% salary floor.

So ultimately if they were to have taken what previous Maddens had right from the last CBA and updated it, they basically would have had to change the franchise tag logic to not allow it to be used twice on a single player.....that's about it.

So no, I'm not surprised they didn't make updates for the new CBA...even if they had the time to do so.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan99
They should have pushed the release date back further so they could implement the new CBA rules.
Speak for yourself, I really don't care about this slipping to next year and I'll bet 85-90% of gamers out there don't either.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-28-2011, 12:18 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 7
@ burger13 - PREACH

But the contract side of Maddens Franchise have never been completely accurate in any of the games. I think if it was it would frustrate some of these gamers anyway, although it would be nice to see realism there.

Maybe next year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 12:23 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
@ burger13 - PREACH

But the contract side of Maddens Franchise have never been completely accurate in any of the games. I think if it was it would frustrate some of these gamers anyway, although it would be nice to see realism there.

Maybe next year

I am more frustrated when a game company tells me I can't do things in a realistic, difficult fashion due to fear of alienating gamers who don't even care about the depth of the game anyways. I understand not being able to get the new CBA in and I'm not upset about it at all, but to base a mode meant for hardcore fans on a casual approach is a) not what Looman is about (see, Head Coach 09/Last-Gen Madden FM) and b) not a smart direction to take.

Time will tell, but I'm hoping this wasn't a one-shot deal and that we will continue to see FM upgrades on a yearly basis, though understanding this is the "main" overhaul. Time for RFA, Rookie Wage System (NOT scale), all rookies get 4 yr deals, Practice Squads, etc. in Madden NFL 13.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »