Home

NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (Digital Trends) - Shot Reviews Are In!

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (Digital Trends) - Shot Reviews Are In! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 02:29 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
I read somewhere that coaches now have whiteboards!
Old 08-25-2011, 02:50 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (Digital Trends) - Shot Reviews Are In!

would have been nice if they added ron artest wearing shorter and tighter shorts that he wears in real life
Old 08-25-2011, 03:35 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 6

also would be nice if they actually showed the refs going to the score board to check if the shot was good...with details like the refs putting the headphones in and looking at the monitor to see if the shot was good....hopefully if an away team hit a game winner that was decided no good ..,u would hear the home crowd go nuts....and louder in emotional situations,...itd also be cool seeing players crowd around the refs to see if the shot was good.... also looking at videos...the players still seem to have blank faces...is it that hard to capture a ray allen winking a smirking at the camera after hitting a big three....or a smiling kobe after hitting a game winner...the only way IMO for the game to feel that much realistic..is to add alot more emotion AND personality to the pllayers...also still waiting for the insight talking about the crowd...so far ..i see no improvement...no emotion...the crowd doesnt have a brain...still jumpin up and down for no reason...and is it possible for 2k to keep the crowd standing for more than 2 seconds....would be really nice to see the whole crowd standing during the last minute or 2 in a close game situation....then jumping up and down after barley winning a game...when i mean emotion i mean Hearing ane seeing the crowds reaction...after missing a game winner you hear the crowd very loudly going AWWW....lastly seeing the crowd leaving in big bunches durin blowouts or after games would be nice ....also the next insight what will it include considering its about art...would the crowd be apart of that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 04:46 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1

Silly question probably ...considering we have always been able to do
it! But has anyone confirmed that u can take all greatest teams into assoc/season mode. I noticed that all reviewers today only alluded to unlocking them for quick play mode. Assoc with all greatest teams is a must .... I'm sure they wouldn't give us a birthday cake without any frosting?
Old 08-25-2011, 05:42 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portertrain
Silly question probably ...considering we have always been able to do
it! But has anyone confirmed that u can take all greatest teams into assoc/season mode. I noticed that all reviewers today only alluded to unlocking them for quick play mode. Assoc with all greatest teams is a must .... I'm sure they wouldn't give us a birthday cake without any frosting?
I asked this in another thread earlier, heres what Da Czar had to say...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I don't think that is what that means. Unless something changed that I don't know about (entirely possible) the teams should be just as editable as last year.
Quote:
Yeah as I think about it I am more sure he might have been mistaken. I even got them to allow us to use the classic teams in the playoff mode.
It seems like once you unlock the teams, you should be able to do everything you can do with the classic teams in 2k11. I tweeted Ronnie from 2k and asked him about it since the articles were unclear but he didn't respond. Guess I don't have enough pull to warrant an answer, lol.

I think the one of articles said that they'd be available in different modes but I can't remember which one.

I'd like to get a direct answer because it might change my mind about purchasing, the ultimate reason I do full season rosters is so they can be used (by myself and others) in season/association mode.

Last edited by qpc123; 08-25-2011 at 05:46 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:16 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for that mate ....I'm exactly the same....retro assoc all the way. I'm sure they wouldn't take that away from us thanks for the hookup.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:46 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K12 Preview-Going Retro With NBA's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
At least they got Majerle's orange skin tone right!

Those were the days! One star per team had a signature move...if you wanted to keep stats you had to do it on a notepad! Don't think I didn't either. I would do seasons.
Wow. Rasco, I feel like Mr. Me Too right now cuz you just just described my summers for 3 years straight in Jr High. Mead notepads full of player stats and Pee Chee folders to sort each team.

Some folks have no clue how good y'all have it now. NO CLUE!

Last edited by iLLmatic; 08-26-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 08:46 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
amen brother I probably still have some remnants of my old "statbooks" ROTFLOL I knew I was alone !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've moved house recently. When packing I came across tonnes of notes with game scores and stats from real games or nba live and nba 2k that I kept on sheets of paper. Talk about dedication.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »