Home

MLB 12 The Show Video - Pulse Pitching, Zone Analog Batting, Broadcast Presentation

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Video - Pulse Pitching, Zone Analog Batting, Broadcast Presentation within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #145
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 12 The Show Video - Pulse Pitching, Zone Analog Batting, Broadcast Presentati

never liked the kind of robotic/urgent reaction impression i get of the outfielder scooping up the ball and immediately getting it back (gunning it back) into the infield kind of look.

i see it again on (again hope it's a old build) Ryan Howard slaps a single to left field. The left fielder, unless Ryan is trying to stretch the single into a double which in the case he's not, should soft toss it back into the infield instead of gunning it in. it's like the game's been missing a leisure throw animation routine in the holster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #146
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB 12 The Show Video - Pulse Pitching, Zone Analog Batting, Broadcast Presentati

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishred002
Lookin good.

The back side of the Phillie Phanatic is STILL unfinished/ left blank though. I don't know why, but this little detail bothers me to no end.
Same for Fredbird, too.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #147
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
You bastards... everyone was too busy playing while I was fighting for stuff like this.

Where was this a few months ago!!!

#occupypulsepitching

The art has actually changed a lot since you guys last saw it. It might be changed again, if it hasn't that's what the game will ship with also. It's not nearly as visible from the pitchers view which is why the "ants" are still there.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #148
Banned

BLAKExx1129xx's Arena

OVR: 11

the pulsing looks like it can become distracting.... nice feature though, very cool.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #149
MVP

OVR: 24

I'm hoping with the broadcast presentation that the crowd/fans will be better, too. I also am hoping that franchise got some love, because I would really like to see some small additions - notably, more in-depth stats kept about past years. Gameplay and presentation look great, though!
Old 01-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #150
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The art has actually changed a lot since you guys last saw it. It might be changed again, if it hasn't that's what the game will ship with also. It's not nearly as visible from the pitchers view which is why the "ants" are still there.
Wait a second.....we saw it?!!
Somebody is not taking the NDA very seriously......

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #151
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

This broadcast presentation had me drooling already. The camera cuts after the pitch brings so much realism IMO. #CANTWAIT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2012, 12:24 AM   #152
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

OVR: 1

LOL, sorry for posting this video just now. I thought this big *** thread was a few days old! My bad!

Tons of great things in this game!

However, at 4:55, right at the crack of the bat on a line drive, you can see the left fielder instantly turn his back and start running blindly. He stops running at the perfect spot, and poof, there is the ball. So much for new ball physics. The OF still knew exactly where this hard line drive would end up.

Then, at 3:00, the left fielder makes a highlight catch at the warning track, with an absolutely perfect, nonchalant, route.

I know outfielders take different routes to the balls in 12, so I hope this video is the exception and not the norm. That is, unless the new routes to the ball are just ascetic, and they will all run the perfect straight line to the ball if there is no time to mess around.

Then, at 7:25, looks like the cut-off logic is still jacked up. Why is the cutoff man setup to take a throw to 1st base on a bases empty single to left?

Because of this, I will only play 500 games, burn through 3 discs and 1 PS3!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »