Home

NCAA Football 13 Recruiting Database (TSO)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Recruiting Database (TSO) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2012, 12:48 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 13 Recruiting Database (TSO)

The crew at Tradition Sports Online have posted this interesting NCAA Football 13 recruiting database article.

If you are the type of person that can't stand the unrealistic 6'4" 175 wide receiver or 6’5” 180 defensive end recruits, make sure you give it a read.

Quote:
For several years now, most would agree that the recruiting features of NCAA Football have taken huge steps in creating a deep, realistic experience. However, for those of you who are recruiting enthusiasts like me, it can be hard to authenticate certain recruits when you know that their measurables would never lend them to their position in real life. Coupled with the fact that there is little to no growth or weight progression in the game and the end result is some really unrealistic player models.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 01:26 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 13 Recruiting Database (TSO)

Hopefully this means the death of the 6'2" 180lb power runningbacks.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:29 AM   #3
Rookie

woody56's Arena

OVR: 3

Some good and some bad in that article.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:05 AM   #4
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
One of those "little things" that could make the game feel more realistic
Old 05-10-2012, 04:57 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Just raising the minimum weight isn't good enough. The problem is the weights were completely random for every position. They had NOTHING to do with ratings. That's the problem. A power back could be 175 pounds. A scat back could weigh 230. A run stopping DE for me one year was 6'7" and 197 pounds. These are big problems imo.

They need to keep some of the weight random but tie weight into a few core attributes. For example at RB you could have weight tied into speed, agility, acceleration, trucking and strength. I put together a spreadsheet that would show how this worked: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArB9QSYxv2ZGdGZiOFBHQXhPY3YybWdQT2JaSUtJa UE&hl=en_US#gid=2

Just download the spreadsheet and play with the RB and OL attributes and see how it works. It's quite simple and would work a lot better than the current 100% random factors they have. At the very least the minimums and maximums of each position should be changed by tendency. Power back minimums should be higher.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 05-10-2012 at 05:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 06:52 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

So what is the purpose of this? Did they get this in the game or do they expect us to go through each recruit and change their weight? I recognize the issue but i hope there is an easier fix than "Change everyone yourself/wait til next year"

Also their symbol looks like a uterus. Just thought i would point that out.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #7
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
So what is the purpose of this? Did they get this in the game or do they expect us to go through each recruit and change their weight? I recognize the issue but i hope there is an easier fix than "Change everyone yourself/wait til next year"

Also their symbol looks like a uterus. Just thought i would point that out.

" As a result, Shaun and I offered to take a look at their recruit database and see what changes we could make to help the generated recruiting classes make more sense."

they made the changes in the game... and thanks for the design feedback.. i was going for a placenta....

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 05-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #8
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Just raising the minimum weight isn't good enough. The problem is the weights were completely random for every position. They had NOTHING to do with ratings. That's the problem. A power back could be 175 pounds. A scat back could weigh 230. A run stopping DE for me one year was 6'7" and 197 pounds. These are big problems imo.

They need to keep some of the weight random but tie weight into a few core attributes. For example at RB you could have weight tied into speed, agility, acceleration, trucking and strength. I put together a spreadsheet that would show how this worked: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArB9QSYxv2ZGdGZiOFBHQXhPY3YybWdQT2JaSUtJa UE&hl=en_US#gid=2

Just download the spreadsheet and play with the RB and OL attributes and see how it works. It's quite simple and would work a lot better than the current 100% random factors they have. At the very least the minimums and maximums of each position should be changed by tendency. Power back minimums should be higher.
Agree wholeheartedly.

Like it says in the article, we have a ton of improvements for the generation of recruits but such a drastic change was too much of a time investment this cycle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »