Home

NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #57
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challen

Maybe I play a different 2k but I don't recall them recently having the OFFICIAL NBA All Star events (dunk and 3pt) -- pretty sure EA had that locked down.

Them having the ability to have THE REAL All Star contests is a plus for me. Now if they implement that ol' Live way of dunking in it, I'd be even happier.

Last edited by JerzeyReign; 05-30-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #58
Rookie

nosaints26's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challen

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Awesome....they are re-adding features from previous 2K games that were taken out for no apparent reason. I'm so stoked.

First major announcement about 2k13 is something that required 0% innovation. Just more reason to NOT pre-order this game.
Anybody know if EA had the rights to the Weekend festivities, sorta barrring 2K from making full use and including the mode? I think they did.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 0

Sounds good to me. I've been wanting ASW for years (especially the Rookie Challenge). I don't really mind it being a pre-order incentive, since I usually pre-order anyway. My only complaint is the absence of Shooting Stars contest, Skills Challenge and Celebrity Game. Considering they always have celebs in the game anyway, you'd think it'd be pretty obvious to add that

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaints26
Anybody know if EA had the rights to the Weekend festivities, sorta barrring 2K from making full use and including the mode? I think they did.
I don't know, but it seems like an odd idea for the NBA to sell its license to multiple companies, then ration out certain parts of the NBA brand. What's next, "rights to the playoffs"?

Last edited by ThePalace; 05-30-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #60
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaints26
There's never been any evidence to suggest as such. To put it simply, 2K has offered every All-Star Weekend event Live ever has. 2K even used the official event names (T-Mobile Rookie Game, Sprite Slam Dunk Contest). Literally the only thing that veered from the path was 2K's choice to place the dunk contest and 3pt. shootout in an outdoor setting. Had EA owned some sort of Weekend rights, 2K would not have been able to feature the All-Star Game, Rookie Game, All-Star court, All-Star jerseys, Sprite Slam Dunk, T-Mobile Rookie Game, and 3pt. Point Shootout. It would have been borderline non-sensical if EA had somehow agreed to sign a contract that allowed 2K to offer 97% of All-Star Weekend as long as two of the events were held outside.

Last edited by VDusen04; 05-30-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #61
Rookie

nosaints26's Arena

OVR: 3

Something tells me they'll also have this available as regular DLC, maybe even convert it to a regular part of the game and association if people holler enough. I don't really care either way though, it's not a huge announcement and I think most people could do without.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #62
Pro

22cedric's Arena

OVR: 11
Now Gamestop is listing you can get NBA All Star Weekend if you preorder NBA 2K13.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is wack in all honesty. If you can pit legends against current NBA players then that lets me know that this is not something that is going to be implemented into your season or Association mode. It is going to be like Legends Showcase just plastered in All Star Weekend.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdh5503
This is wack in all honesty. If you can pit legends against current NBA players then that lets me know that this is not something that is going to be implemented into your season or Association mode. It is going to be like Legends Showcase just plastered in All Star Weekend.
It's all speculation at this point but I think there's a good possibility you're right, considering how 2K handled last year's DLC. Then again, to take an optimistic view, NBA Live also used to allow legends to be pitted against currents in their dunk contests.

Speaking of Live, one of the really small aspects I liked about their dunk contest: the ability to choose any of my players's current, retro, or practice jerseys. I'm hopeful 2K13 doesn't force players to wear specific jerseys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »