Home

Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2012, 04:34 AM   #161
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeahawkNMD
Not trying to start an argument or anything, I've just been wondering with you guys who control every team how do you decide who gets who? Lets say Mario Williams was a free agent and you know 15 teams would break the bank for him, do you just try to guess his interests and who you think he would choose? Are you able to block out all biases? What team would you have chosen for him if you were running free agency?
The way I had planned on doing it this year was basically letting the CPU do their own resigning and then before FA started, go through each team and address what their "Team Needs" are. And then based on who the FA were, each team would be in on players at positions they need. So if Mario Williams was a FA I would look at who needed DE's and all then put all of those teams, including mine if it was a need, into a hat and randomly draw. Is it authentic or realistic? No. But it was the best way I could come up with to pretty much take any bias out of it as well as make sure that I couldn't get whatever I wanted in FA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 04:36 AM   #162
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
the only gm act that was taken away was coach hiring. user controlled progression has never been madden or any other sports game ive played. and the new scouting blows away anything we have had before.

the draft classes were broken. there is even a thread on this forum trying to get a decent one and even the things done in it required you to load it over and over till you got a decent one. and there were no busts or gems in them either.
I agree with this, I love having real draft classes but they were so broken I can go without them for a year. I mean Andrew Luck has outstanding ratings and after raising them even more it didn't guarantee him the #1 pick or even the first QB all the time. NCAA imports NEED to be in next year even if they don't really connect the actual NCAA season they were imported from. From what they've shown I think this years draft classes will have enough depth to make them worth it for this year.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:42 AM   #163
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
The way I had planned on doing it this year was basically letting the CPU do their own resigning and then before FA started, go through each team and address what their "Team Needs" are. And then based on who the FA were, each team would be in on players at positions they need. So if Mario Williams was a FA I would look at who needed DE's and all then put all of those teams, including mine if it was a need, into a hat and randomly draw. Is it authentic or realistic? No. But it was the best way I could come up with to pretty much take any bias out of it as well as make sure that I couldn't get whatever I wanted in FA.
I've never been one for going completely random. Being a Packers fan, I loathe free agency and only use it for adding depth. This alone usually takes most of the bias out of my decisions, as I don't consider my team as a player for most or all of the available free agents. Sometimes, when I've narrowed it down to maybe 2 or 3 teams that would realistically make the most sense and still can't choose, I'll try to picture the player's name on the back of each teams jersey and choose whichever one I think would look best lol.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #164
Rookie

OVR: 1

So in Madden 12, they revolutionized us with being able to edit any player in offline franchises or whatever, now they turn around and take it right back out? If they dont have a patch or tuber that adds the edit ability and import draft classes then both ncaa 13 amd madden 13 are no buys :/ was really looking forward to new sound and presentation.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #165
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can you do a fantasy draft?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #166
Banned

OVR: 5

Connected Careers sounds great as an addition, but not as a replacement. They took some huge steps backwards along with their steps forwards. Stats based progression has always been the ultimate of anti-realism and user based progression is even worse. Also, taking away customization/editing everything in franchise mode is another step back.

I'm going to wait until some guru at football-freaks comes up with some kind of editor for franchise, so we can at least counter the arcade idea of user based progression and/or stats based progression before I even think about purchasing Madden 13.

If they would have added this, while also enhancing franchise mode to be more realistic, I would be very excited, because connected careers does sound very interesting. But not at the expense of losing making offline franchise more realistic.

So, really, kudos to the dev team for connected career and adding some physics and also SMH and facepalm at the same time.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #167
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Connected Careers sounds great as an addition, but not as a replacement. They took some huge steps backwards along with their steps forwards. Stats based progression has always been the ultimate of anti-realism and user based progression is even worse. Also, taking away customization/editing everything in franchise mode is another step back.

I'm going to wait until some guru at football-freaks comes up with some kind of editor for franchise, so we can at least counter the arcade idea of user based progression and/or stats based progression before I even think about purchasing Madden 13.
Wait.... Wait wait wait. So pre-programmed, automatic progression is MORE realistic? Is that what you're saying?
Old 06-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #168
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
Wait.... Wait wait wait. So pre-programmed, automatic progression is MORE realistic? Is that what you're saying?
A tad more realistic than "I want so and so to be good so I'll just gain XP points and make him good".

And a calculated progression based on a bunch of factors, which would include things like position coaches, players potential in each category, system, head coach, work ethic, off season schedule, team and individual practice schedule, etc, etc, etc. My god, Chad Johnson couldn't even learn a playbook to be effective in NE. But we can make him really good by fudging a bunch of bogus XP points?

H E double toothpics, Sierra Sports had at least some of this 15 years ago. But you want completely unrealistic, user and/or stats based progression instead of ENHANCING franchise mode and making it more realistic?

Hey, I have nothing against arcade progression, if it's OPTIONAL. Let those that want arcade have it. Add Connective Careers or whatever it's called. I'm not against it. But do it as an addition, not as a replacement.

We should have had some kind of simulated training camp/preseason practice schedule by now. We should have had positional coaches by now. And we should be using real life variables in a dynamic way for use in player progression. And everything in the game should be customizable. it should be as realistic as you want or as arcady as you want.

Why in the world would you want me to want something as unrealistic as user and/or stats based progression?

Last edited by bucky60; 06-11-2012 at 04:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »