Home

Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #81
MVP

8's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview

I think what some are not understanding is that the game has been overhauled, they didn't add gimmicks like EA normally does. In order to overhaul the game some things didn't make it into this years game because most likely time didnt permit it. Does it stink that certain things didn't make it in this year? Sure it does, but what they are trying to do is exactly what most people wanted, and while some functions are missing this year they are making great strides in the right direction.

RAVENS/ORIOLES
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #82
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by King88
I think what some are not understanding is that the game has been overhauled, they didn't add gimmicks like EA normally does. In order to overhaul the game some things didn't make it into this years game because most likely time didnt permit it. Does it stink that certain things didn't make it in this year? Sure it does, but what they are trying to do is exactly what most people wanted, and while some functions are missing this year they are making great strides in the right direction.
Thats cool but what you are minimizing is the fact that those features that EA took were the most important features that people wanted out of franchise mode.People demanded and clamored for the ability to edit players in franchise mode for years and when it was added last year it was because according to EA they wanted to provide full customization to the player. So instead of improving upon on by maybe adding the ability to adjust height weight etc they take it out?. Secondly like someone else stated had EA told gamers that in Madden 13 we are planning to get rid of franchise mode including the ability to edit players, control all teams playbooks and substitutions and implement a connected caeer mode that isnt fully dunctional the way way we want it now but will be in 14 what do you think the reaction from the community would have been?. I can probably venture that it wouldnt be positive. I am in the train of thought that If CC didnt actually improve upon franchise mode this year dueo to it not being fully functional due to time constraints or whatever then wait anothr year to implement it correctly and do it the right way. Franchise mode should have been improved this year with CC being ready to implement next year.And quite honestly I cant believe we are at the point where we are saying "just wwait until next year when everything will be implemented and we will finally get the Madden we want".Cmon how long have we been saying wait until next year.I truly hope that CC is everything that EA hopes for but there hasx to be a realization that they essentially alienated a segment of their consumers. until

Last edited by edaddy; 06-07-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 0
If you do a 2 player online CCM, do you have to play evey game or can you sim the one's that's against the computer?
Old 06-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #84
MVP

8's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Thats cool but what you are minimizing is the fact that those features that EA took were the most important features that people wanted out of franchise mode.People demanded and clamored for the ability to edit players in franchise mode for years and when it was added last year it was because according to EA they wanted to provide full customization to the player. So instead of improving upon on by maybe adding the ability to adjust height weight etc they take it out?. Secondly like someone else stated had EA told gamers that in Madden 13 we are planning to get rid of franchise mode including the ability to edit players, control all teams playbooks and substitutions and implement a connected caeer mode that isnt fully dunctional the way way we want it now but will be in 14 what do you think the reaction from the community would have been?. I can probably venture that it wouldnt be positive. I am in the train of thought that If CC didnt actually improve upon franchise mode this year dueo to it not being fully functional due to time constraints or whatever then wait anothr year to implement it correctly and do it the right way. Franchise mode should have been improved this year with CC being ready to implement next year.And quite honestly I cant believe we are at the point where we are saying "just wwait until next year when everything will be implemented and we will finally get the Madden we want".Cmon how long have we been saying wait until next year.I truly hope that CC is everything that EA hopes for but there hasx to be a realization that they essentially alienated a segment of their consumers. until

The biggest problem is that EA will never please everyone. If they waited another year to roll out RTP and connected career a large group of people would yell about madden being the same and doing nothing to make the game better. They can't win, but in the long run the game will be better for what they are doing now. Another problem is the "I want everything now" type of attitude some have. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, and in mine I believe the few things that didn't make it this year are a small price to pay for getting this franchise back on track.

RAVENS/ORIOLES
Old 06-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #85
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Offline, connected careers is limited to one team per console.

The only way to have more than one team be user controlled is to take the career online and invite friends to join.
Can you have more than one offline connected careers save file on the same consol?

Example: Could I have one connected careers file where I'm the coach of the Bears and another completely seperate connected careers file where I'm the coach of the Browns?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #86
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

I'm still not convinced that all of these modes need to be one mode. I liked being a GM personally. Hiring my staff and making draft selections. I play a couple games a year but mainly sim. SO this takes all of that away from me. Thanks EA, the one year you make madden playable, you manage to make it unplayable
Old 06-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
I'm still not convinced that all of these modes need to be one mode. I liked being a GM personally. Hiring my staff and making draft selections. I play a couple games a year but mainly sim. SO this takes all of that away from me. Thanks EA, the one year you make madden playable, you manage to make it unplayable
Huh? How does connected careers take any of that away from you? The only thing I'm not certain of is "hiring the staff" as I haven't heard any news about that in either direction. But you can still make all GM-type roster moves that you could previously, make draft selections, and play or sim games.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:18 PM   #88
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
Huh? How does connected careers take any of that away from you? The only thing I'm not certain of is "hiring the staff" as I haven't heard any news about that in either direction. But you can still make all GM-type roster moves that you could previously, make draft selections, and play or sim games.
thats one of the biggest parts of it. They should have just kept the modes separate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »