Home

Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2012, 12:10 AM   #89
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
thats one of the biggest parts of it. They should have just kept the modes separate.
The thing is, the community (at least on OS) had been asking for the modes to be combined; EA listened. Trust me, in the long run this is for our benefit even though it may be a short-term annoyance. Making improvements and corrections for 1 game mode is much easier and quicker than having to make them on 2 or 3 separate ones.

If hiring is in fact gone this year (hopefully a GC or someone can confirm whether coordinators are or are not there), I'd recommend getting a post up on the Game Changers 'Idea' portion of the EA site and posting it in the wishlist threads here. Personally, I've always thought the hiring was more cosmetic and for effect than anything and didn't really have any impact on the field, but it was definitely a nice realistic touch.

Nonetheless, I'd like to see it still be a part of the game myself, and hopefully they can actually do so in a way that actually MEANS something (different coordinators changing your schemes and default playbooks, helping increase chances for the XP you can earn at certain positions)
Old 06-08-2012, 12:37 AM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 0
The players coming back from retirement feature has me thinking of a Super Bowl commercial from a couple years back where Brett Favre is holding a holographic Super Bowl MVP trophy in the year 2020. And to think now, I can finally make that a reality. Let's bring Brett out of retirement (yet again) EA!
Old 06-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #91
Rookie

RamsFan5545's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
I'm a little unclear about this still and concerned. If I create a coach or player, I want to use them for a career.

If my players contract runs out, I want to go through being a UFA as that player and try to get signed. Same with the coach if he is fired or has his contract end.
you don't automatically have to retire, you have a chance of signing but if you were bad enough than your kinda outta luck, it all depends on performance which is where the realism of it comes in
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 02:05 AM   #92
Rookie

RamsFan5545's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
I was kind of hoping the coaching career would be similar to NCAA Dynasty, where maybe I play out my contract and then go to another team as the same coach.
thats basically what it is, you don't have to resign with the same team you can test free agency or other teams if your the coach
Old 06-08-2012, 02:09 AM   #93
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonsDaBest
The players coming back from retirement feature has me thinking of a Super Bowl commercial from a couple years back where Brett Favre is holding a holographic Super Bowl MVP trophy in the year 2020. And to think now, I can finally make that a reality. Let's bring Brett out of retirement (yet again) EA!
That is one of the features that has me most intrigued, like how many past players and coaches they have that will come out of retirement, how their ratings will be affected and if they would just play for one year then retire again.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:14 AM   #94
Rookie

RamsFan5545's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.
couldn't think of a better response myself lol
Old 06-08-2012, 02:21 AM   #95
Rookie

RamsFan5545's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Thats cool but what you are minimizing is the fact that those features that EA took were the most important features that people wanted out of franchise mode.People demanded and clamored for the ability to edit players in franchise mode for years and when it was added last year it was because according to EA they wanted to provide full customization to the player. So instead of improving upon on by maybe adding the ability to adjust height weight etc they take it out?. Secondly like someone else stated had EA told gamers that in Madden 13 we are planning to get rid of franchise mode including the ability to edit players, control all teams playbooks and substitutions and implement a connected caeer mode that isnt fully dunctional the way way we want it now but will be in 14 what do you think the reaction from the community would have been?. I can probably venture that it wouldnt be positive. I am in the train of thought that If CC didnt actually improve upon franchise mode this year dueo to it not being fully functional due to time constraints or whatever then wait anothr year to implement it correctly and do it the right way. Franchise mode should have been improved this year with CC being ready to implement next year.And quite honestly I cant believe we are at the point where we are saying "just wwait until next year when everything will be implemented and we will finally get the Madden we want".Cmon how long have we been saying wait until next year.I truly hope that CC is everything that EA hopes for but there hasx to be a realization that they essentially alienated a segment of their consumers. until
there at the end didn't you just say to wait til next year to add the better mode (being CC) but then say its ******** that we're saying wait til next year for a feature as small as editing players (i hate to see it go myself but its worth it with a deeper mode.) you kinda contradicted yourself there pal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 02:22 AM   #96
Rookie

RamsFan5545's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
Can you have more than one offline connected careers save file on the same consol?

Example: Could I have one connected careers file where I'm the coach of the Bears and another completely seperate connected careers file where I'm the coach of the Browns?
you'd have to do them on two separate profiles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »