Home

NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (via DaWolf)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (via DaWolf) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #105
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (via DaWolf)

Ray Allen has a rather quick release yes even though it can be kinda tricky at times. But try Joe Johnson, KG, Lebron James, Battum's release to name a few they aren't button tap release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #106
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
but what if you dont release the shot button or stick? do you travel or is it auto release? DL 2k8 from XBL and see what we mean. This new way just seems to simplistic compared to the older mechanics. 2k12 and 10 had that problem where it didnt seem like releases were visually user controlled.
That's true. It auto releases it for you making the shot come up short. I've played 2K8, but not that much but now I see what you mean.

To me that's alright, as long as the whole issue with the shot coming up short or long is still in. It would be cool if not releasing it at all resulted in a travel but the current system works for me cause you still have to learn the different shooters shots in order to be able to release it at top of the jump.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 08-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #107
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
but what if you dont release the shot button or stick? do you travel or is it auto release? DL 2k8 from XBL and see what we mean. This new way just seems to simplistic compared to the older mechanics. 2k12 and 10 had that problem where it didnt seem like releases were visually user controlled.
I should probably try 2K11 again, because I've never realised that. In 2K11 if I don't release the shot button I'am gona travel, is that what you're saying?
Old 08-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #108
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
I know what you guys are talking about! I just didn't remember which of the 2k's had this....when you held the shot to long without releasing you would end up with a traveling call. It was truly a user controlled release shot and not auto released.

I do remember being disappointed when they took this away as I thought it was a great way to have a travelling call ingame.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #109
Banned

OVR: 0

so are the black and white replays one example of the kind of garbage we can expect from jay-z?

Old 08-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #110
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryJones3
so are the black and white replays one example of the kind of garbage we can expect from jay-z?
Seems like it's for the Nike+ replays. I don't see how it's garbage though. Just turn replays to off and you should be set!

Old 08-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #111
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Seems like it's for the Nike+ replays. I don't see how it's garbage though. Just turn replays to off and you should be set!
if it's for nike+ only then whatever it's fine. but how is turning them off a solution when i like watching normal replays? so no i won't be set. if it's for every replay it's garbage because that isn't true to life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #112
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryJones3
if it's for nike+ only then whatever it's fine. but how is turning them off a solution when i like watching normal replays? so no i won't be set. if it's for every replay it's garbage because that isn't true to life.
DaWolf said those replays were shown along with a measure of the height that the player dunking it jumped and those measures are only in Nike+ replays.

I agree with you that it's not true to life but then again no replays in NBA game history has ever been true to life. Showing a replay right after a dunk is never how it's shown on TV.

I still advocate that replays should be shown between free throws or other interruptions in plays and only then, never directly after a nice play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »