Home

NCAA Football 13 Free and Paid DLC Uniforms Are Coming to the Uniform Store

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Free and Paid DLC Uniforms Are Coming to the Uniform Store within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 13 Free and Paid DLC Uniforms Are Coming to the Uniform Store

I hope they put out the current TCU Jerseys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #186
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Almost certainly, but not until after the game is played.
In the podcast link they said that they were going to try to get these uniforms added to the store before the actual game is played .... Like the week leading up to the actual game .... They referenced Michigan's 'under the lights' uniforms when talking about it .... They mentioned that these uniforms would likely be the ones you would have to pay for since they were special occasion uniforms and not a default or away uniform .... Sorry if this was posted already .... This was announced before the unveiling of the Notre Dame uniforms, but they mentioned the new Nebraska - Wisconsin uniforms for their one shot game so I am sure the ND ones would fall under the same category ....

What they should do is just let you download the ones you want for 99 cents each, or even 1.99 instead of putting them in packs .... I am sure they would make their money that way .... Just stick them all in the store and let you pick ....
Old 08-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #187
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by balcobomber25
Your logic is kind of messed up. 2k8 was nothing more than a last ditch effort by Take Two to cash in on the 2k name it was in no way a successor to 2k5. It was impossible to make a serious game without any actual licensing, especially after a three year hiatus from making a game. 2k5 was already a direct competitor to Madden 05. That was the whole reason behind the exclusive deal, the king of sports games was on the verge of being dethroned, not to mention EA lost millions in profits after having to drop the price of their games to compete with the 2k $20 price. Look at what has happened since the deal, the team from Visual Concepts went on to make one of the best all around sports games in history, NBA 2k. Whereas Madden has gotten worse each year since 2005. I think had the deal never happened Madden would be in the same state as NBA live.
That wouldn't of happened, Madden is a name brand where as Live wasn't. 2K football needed to make up more ground than 2K basketball did, not to mention the studio designing Live/Elite realized their changes were extremely flawed and pulled the plug, 2K basketball slid into the lead smoothly, it wouldn't be the case with football, Madden has / is the name brand of football gaming, where as while Live albeit a long standing franchise wasn't at that caliber.

Not to mention, if the NFL didn't say 'alright highest bidder gets exclusive rights' than it wouldn't be an issue, blaming EA for having deeper pockets? Not that I'd be opposed to competition.

Licensing although huge, is a leap very able to be leapt. Either through customization options or establishing a rich backdrop to drop a player into. [A clearly superior game would probably take some steam away from Madden as well]

If I said that 2K5 wasn't a direct competitor to Madden than my apologies, but it's negligent to assume that any developer would be able to build an engine, get all the graphics designed, all the coding tightened up in a year or less of notice. It would easily be a few years before any 2K game would be a direct contender again, too much work not enough time.

Anyways, the argument is redundant because this thread is neither about Madden, NBA 2K or the two companies so I'm gonna be quiet now. Haha.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #188
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike1302
In the podcast link they said that they were going to try to get these uniforms added to the store before the actual game is played .... Like the week leading up to the actual game .... They referenced Michigan's 'under the lights' uniforms when talking about it .... They mentioned that these uniforms would likely be the ones you would have to pay for since they were special occasion uniforms and not a default or away uniform .... Sorry if this was posted already .... This was announced before the unveiling of the Notre Dame uniforms, but they mentioned the new Nebraska - Wisconsin uniforms for their one shot game so I am sure the ND ones would fall under the same category ....
Hmmm. I could have sworn they said it would be the week after. I guess we'll see.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #189
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

OVR: 1

I wish they would give us an exact date soon
Old 08-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #190
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'd guess the 28th...The late August time frame matches up pretty well.

I can't wait for the uniform store. I've put both my Rutger's and Vandy dynasty's on hold past year 2 until the new uniforms come out. Should be fun.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #191
Rookie

I think i have should of done more reasearch about the jerseys because ea will have to pay to get these jersey's in the game and they will probaly have to pay more then i will for sure. I know im going against what i said before but i realize that they will have to pay to get those in the game before they wear them so thank you ea for putting these new jerseys in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #192
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylewc21
I hope they put out the current TCU Jerseys
there putting all current uniforms in the game
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »