Home

FIFA 13 Demo Available Now - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 Demo Available Now - Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #81
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA 13 Demo Available Now For PC & 360, Later Today For PS3 - Post Your Impressi

Its way to easy to get scoring opportunities in the demo. The game is to offensive for me, no need to work the ball from side to side. I have been able to get 3 to 5 shots per game. I will try to turn the speed down, and see if that helps. The game is fun (in an indoor soccer kind of way), however it doesn't resemble what I see in real life. Seems like speed and dribbling are overpowered in the demo.

The aerial game is tremendous though. Best I have seen in a soccer game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #82
Pro

OVR: 33
Even on slow the game feels too fast. Almost arcade like in it's rampant pace. This also has a negative effect on visuals, making them jerky, almost has if animation steps are being skipped to keep up with the speed of gameplay. Not as impressed as I expected to be & I found myself enjoying the PES Demo a lot more.
I honestly thought buying FIFA 13 this year was a given but having payed the demo I may just continue with FIFA 12 or switch to PES.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #83
Pro

OVR: 33
Another thing I've noticed is the lack of momentum players have. Everyone seems to be able to change directon on a dime. Something just isn't right with the game at least within the demo version.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA 13 Demo Available Now For PC & 360, Later Today For PS3 - Post Your Impressi

Anyone else think the keepers are better in this compared to recent years.

seem to react alot fast
Old 09-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #85
Rookie

Wineclaw's Arena

OVR: 2

The AI seems tougher than 12, but I haven't played 12 in quite some time, so I might just be out of practice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #86
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
It sure as hell isn't perfect, but this game is a million times more fun to play than FIFA 12. I can actually play on World Class with default sliders and not feel like I'm being completely overpowered by a mistake-free CPU. The First Touch helps a ton. The CPU actually makes bad passes and bad touches. You can actually play something other than zonal defense.

Yes, there's no strategy or buildup, but at least the game feels more open than last year. Possession isn't as locked down every time someone touches the ball.

edit: I played it on slow, and it felt just perfect.
Just the kind of thing I wanted to hear.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #87
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Much better than FIFA 12.

First touch is nice. It slows the game down a bit and makes everything a little less perfect...and believe me, this game could use more of both.

Ball control works nicely. If you are not using it you are a very easy mark. When you use it you have a little more control so a nearby defender doesn't mean instant take away. It allowed for a little more battling and less reliance on ping pong passing and trick moves.

Manual passing seems nurfed from 12 and there is also no option for "all manual" in the menu which means 'manual' will get no attention from anyone. AI also passed with far too much accuracy - in most cases 85-90% - to make manual a fun option for vsCPU play.

CPU did not really use the middle of the field and played no tactics. Every team feels pretty much like every team when controlled by the CPU. Also don't recall an off sides call in any of the games I played.

The foul issue vs CPU does not seem resolved. I saw zero cards given and only a couple fouls give to the CPU even though they way laid me into the dirt several times. That right there is a huge huge disappointment.

Between the keepers butter fingers and the posts a lot of balls seem to be bouncing back into play and a ton of goals came off of second shots. I don't think I saw any third shots since the AI seems to be so far out of place after one rebound that its as good as gold if someone can just get a toe on the ball.

Graphically the games looks slightly better. Colors are not as 'neon' as last year and the players look a bit better. Menus and all that look the same although they added a couple shots to improve the pre-game, although the lame VS team shots are still there from 12 as well.

Overall I don't see FIFA 13 offering anything new for the offline player. I did not find the vsCPU games all that exciting. Seems about the same as last year with the same foul issue with pass perfect, fast breaking AI that plays the same no matter what the team. Yeah, I like the refined bumping, first touch and jostling but it really doesn't solve the major issues FIFA has with its offline play.

Online I expect the game to be an improvement with the first touch controls and better battle system. I WISH EA gave more incentive to players to use manual controls online ... more coins or their own leaderboard...something... because I would for sure buy this game if I knew there would be a consistent way to hook up with other manual players.

I am a bit concerned about how accurate crosses are and it is yet to be seen if stamina has any part in online games. If they do punish sprint abusers then FIFA could shape up to be a pretty good online game. Not realistic but at least more balanced than it has ever been.

Last edited by lnin0; 09-11-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 6

After reading all of the comments in this thread i have to ask myself this question. What the heck are some of you talking about? Iv never seen so many different opinions on something that is so clear. That is, fifa 13 is bynfar better then fifa 12 and one of the best soccer games ever. A little background on me, i have been playing soccer games for over 12 years getting started with PES and then moving onto WE here in the states and now Fifa and PES since FiFA 09. I play both competitvley and master league and manager mode and i am consistently ranked at the top of the world both head to head and clubs. With thatsaid after spending over 500 hours on fifa 12 with pro clubs manager mode and FUT the improvements to FIFA 13 were immediatley noticeable.

The AI for the cpu is much much improved, they see the open more more often, they take more shots and they really take advantage of your defensive miscues. In fifa 12 i would consistently beat the cpu on legendary with ease, today i had to work quite hard for my goals vs cpu on legendary. The gk AI is much improved and punching the ball more rather then magically catching everything. The teammate ai is also much improvoed and smarter to counter this you can tell EA made a real effort to improve then cpu defensiive ai. No more give and goes to score easy goals the cpu dnreadsnthem very wel it also depends on the quality of the defender.

To me this is another amazing product put out bynthe fifa team. I will def sink many hours and love it into pro clubs espacially since it added seasons to itnas well as fut and always 1v1 seasons which added co op!

I will say this my favorite soccer games of all time are PES 4-6 and fifa 12. To me fifa 12 and seems to me fifa 13 strike that perfect balance of realism and arcade and it is perfect for competitive multiplayer. And to me after years of playing both this years PES based on the demo only, which i love as well, is very realistic but unfortunatley total realism doesnt translate to great multiplayer. I will certainlynget both and enjoynthe great realism of PES and master league and FiFA for the unprecendent multiplayer experience and modes, to me it is the best multiplayer sports experience out there and only second my book to splinter cell pandora tomorrow and chaos theory multiplayer overall. Enjoy this fans we will be getting two fantastic soccer games this year, cant wait.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »