Home

NBA 2K13: Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13: Demo Roundtable within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I must have downloaded another version of the demo than most people here.
Me too.....or maybe were just being realistic
Old 09-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #34
Banned

Do no new association additions other then a corny allstar weekend?
Old 09-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #35
Just started!

OVR: 4
I would have to agree with crazy2kfan. It feels unnatural to hold the left trigger and use the right stick inside the paint when driving or posting up. I feel like the new controls when used on the perimeter aren't such a huge issue because you can use the dribble moves and simply press X to shoot but when you either post up or drive inside is where this new control scheme seems difficult to use. I will continue to test it out but more and more I'm thinking that I'll revert back to the 2k12 control scheme.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #36
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K13: Demo Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRell
Me too.....or maybe were just being realistic
Maybe your crazy or just a fanboy of that other fail of an NBA Basketball game.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
Maybe your crazy or just a fanboy of that other fail of an NBA Basketball game.
Or maybe your a fanboy with 2k within your screen name.....and I've been buying NBA since 2k6 so try something else
Old 09-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 48
I like the demo, but one thing bothered me in game; the off the glass self alley-oops! why does it pause soo long while actually trying to do it? I was on a huge break away, and when i clicked on the buttons, everybody was around me, or passed me just standing there watching!
cheers
Old 09-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K13: Demo Roundtable

"but if the quick ranked matches online are on pro/default, there will be some upset people."

Dam right!

I have to say after playing the demo more I have somewhat adjusted to the gameplay. At first I said that it was kind of sloppy looking but after playing there are things to minimize that, I just stated using the protect ball more and coming out of it everytime I wanna to do a two step. The defense was also not so good to me then I heard someone say that the game is on pro/casual or default either way if this is true which it seems to be then that would explain the many ankle breaking moments and the slight difficulty playing D.

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 09-26-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #40
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
I'm still learning how to do all the controls. I struggle with my triple threat moves. I like to jab step or move around in the triple threat but i keep dribbling instead. The more i play it the more i'll get used to the controls and that's when i'll fully appreciate this game. I think the demo is amazing, the way the players move and how you can feel the weight. Even the sounds when there's contact at the rim. This is how a game is supposed to be. I think this game is on the level now with what MLB the Show is to baseball. I only wish we had a football game, college or pro, that could get to this level. But NBA 2k12 got a lot of my time last year and I know this game is going to get the attention this year. Can't wait for Tuesday to get here, get a hold of the shoe creator, get started with either MyTeam or my Association.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »