Home

MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #25
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynkraid
Horrible ratings, just horrible. Great to have numbers, but cmon the only guy who should be sporting the 99ovr as a hitter should be Cabrera, I could understand maybe a couple of guys being 99ovr, but 20 some guys sporting a 97-99ovr rating? Baseball doesn't have that many great players.

Its like Madden. 99ovr goes to Brady and Manning. Or did. They don't give 99ovr to Manning, Brady, Peterson, Rodgers, Eli, Reed, Lewis, Jpp, Suh, Johnson, Stafford, Brees, Gore, MJD ect... 17 99ovr players is way to many.

But let me guess created players in RTTS start around 55ovr and take forever and then some just to get a decent rating, yet Trout in his 2nd season in the MLB will be 99ovr, I highly doubt no matter what we'll be able to get a RTTS player at 99ovr as quickly as Trout at only 21 years old. So that would be your 3rd season in RTTS, highly doubt anything close to 99ovr will be possible. Not all things are perfect with this as much as fanboys praise MLB the Show. Great game, but bad ratings.
You can get your RTTS pitcher rated 99 before he finishes his rookie year, and as far as the ratings, i think all of these players deserve to be 99, especially taking their position into consideration.

I'd also add Joey Bats and RA Dickey as 99s

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #26
MVP

KMRblue1027's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

Utley not in the top five? Makes no sense at all.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #27
MVP

yanksdaniel99's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynkraid
Horrible ratings, just horrible. Great to have numbers, but cmon the only guy who should be sporting the 99ovr as a hitter should be Cabrera, I could understand maybe a couple of guys being 99ovr, but 20 some guys sporting a 97-99ovr rating? Baseball doesn't have that many great players.

Its like Madden. 99ovr goes to Brady and Manning. Or did. They don't give 99ovr to Manning, Brady, Peterson, Rodgers, Eli, Reed, Lewis, Jpp, Suh, Johnson, Stafford, Brees, Gore, MJD ect... 17 99ovr players is way to many.

But let me guess created players in RTTS start around 55ovr and take forever and then some just to get a decent rating, yet Trout in his 2nd season in the MLB will be 99ovr, I highly doubt no matter what we'll be able to get a RTTS player at 99ovr as quickly as Trout at only 21 years old. So that would be your 3rd season in RTTS, highly doubt anything close to 99ovr will be possible. Not all things are perfect with this as much as fanboys praise MLB the Show. Great game, but bad ratings.
There's this thing called defense ....

That & the position a player plays has an impact as well.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #28
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMRblue1027
How so? He's been plagued with injuries the last two seasons, the game isn't going to go off of ratings of guys from 3 years ago. If so, Justin Morneau would be in like the top 5 1B, very iffy though.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #29
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Durability is huge in The Show... It can be the difference between a 90 and an 80.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #30
Banned

jimbo_1884's Arena

OVR: 2
Newbie here but I'm assuming a 99 ovr rated player has to be rated 99 in each of the different attributes associated with his position??

If this is the case, then I can't agree with having this many or even any 99 rated players.

So yes, I will be editing the player ratings myself!!
Old 02-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #31
MVP

yanksdaniel99's Arena

Quote:
This isn't 2009, Utley can't stay on the field, he hasn't been top since then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #32
MVP

yanksdaniel99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo_1884
Newbie here but I'm assuming a 99 ovr rated player has to be rated 99 in each of the different attributes associated with his position??

If this is the case, then I can't agree with having this many or even any 99 rated players.

So yes, I will be editing the player ratings myself!!
Oh no, oh god no, it's not like that. Each attribute gets its own separate rating. That's be awful if it was like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »