Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #177
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat
M's not a 23rd ranked defense. With proof.
Almost every Mariner starter was given a D in fielding last year (including Ryan), probably more of the same for '13... And this is why I edit every SCEA player before starting a franchise lol
Old 02-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #178
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat
M's not a 23rd ranked defense. With proof.

And then they added Ibanez and Morse
Old 02-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #179
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
And then they added Ibanez and Morse
Who are essentially replacing Figgins and Carp... Not exactly a big drop in defense there...
Old 02-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #180
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
Just cause you win the WS doesn't make you the best team next year. Should SF be in the top 10? yes. Are they too low? yes. But you act like they are by far the best team in the MLB. Washington and Stl are just as good as SF in the NL and I would say LA too, heck Kershaw's injury is why you won the division. It's cool being a fan and it is outrageous that they are ranked so low but please dont be so biased plus when the OSFM's come out all will be well.
Whoa whoa...ease up there. I was more or less making a joke. I never said I thought the Giants should be number 1. I was stating that 17 is ridiculously low for a team who won the World Series just 5 months ago.

And where is this Kershaw injury gave the Giants the division bs coming from? 2nd time I read this. The Giants won the division by 8 games! Kershaw made 33 starts last year. He only missed a couple starts. Assuming they won those games...they still lose the division.

The Giants play a winning brand of baseball. They just don't do it with home runs (except in clutch moments). This rating shows that it's heavily weighted towards home runs and power numbers. I agree though, they might not be the overall best team, but a team that proves they can WIN should be a lot higher. Winning is the name of the game after all.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #181
Pro

OVR: 7

Seems like 99.45% of this thread is debating....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #182
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Who are essentially replacing Figgins and Carp... Not exactly a big drop in defense there...
It was meant to be a joke but Figgins and Carp combined for just over 500 innings in the OF and rarely, if ever at the same time. This year they could be looking at Ibanez and Morse manning corner spots, Morales possibly playing some first base, and Montero catching a decent amount of games. That's potentially 4 "DH's" in the lineup at once. Saunders isn't good enough in center to make up for Morse and Ibanez either. I understand Seattle has had trouble developing any sort of offense recently and I get trying to improve that part of their game, but it would be foolish to think their won't be a dropoff in defense as a result.

Last edited by gator3guy; 02-22-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #183
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
It was meant to be a joke but Figgins and Carp combined for just over 500 innings in the OF and rarely, if ever at the same time. This year they could be looking at Ibanez and Morse manning corner spots, Morales possibly playing some first base, and Montero catching a decent amount of games. That's potentially 4 "DH's" in the lineup at once. Saunders isn't good enough in center to make up for Morse and Ibanez either. I understand Seattle has had trouble developing any sort of offense recently and I get trying to improve that part of their game, but it seems like the defense will take a big step back this year as a sacrifice for offense.
Lol no, speaking as someone who is far more familiar with the team than you are, that situation would never happen. Smoak at 1st, not Morales. Saunders in left, not Ibanez. Gutierrez in center, not Saunders. Montero and Jaso are both equally bad at catching so no difference there.

Whoever told you Ibanez was going to be a starter or play a significant number of games in left needs to check their facts
Old 02-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #184
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
Whoa whoa...ease up there. I was more or less making a joke. I never said I thought the Giants should be number 1. I was stating that 17 is ridiculously low for a team who won the World Series just 5 months ago.

And where is this Kershaw injury gave the Giants the division bs coming from? 2nd time I read this. The Giants won the division by 8 games! Kershaw made 33 starts last year. He only missed a couple starts. Assuming they won those games...they still lose the division.

The Giants play a winning brand of baseball. They just don't do it with home runs (except in clutch moments). This rating shows that it's heavily weighted towards home runs and power numbers. I agree though, they might not be the overall best team, but a team that proves they can WIN should be a lot higher. Winning is the name of the game after all.
its the way it came off, hopefully no harm, but They should be up there I cannot argue that. 2 out of the 3 WS proves they need to be high, they are a winning team and there should if anything be an overrating of their players

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »