Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2013, 12:42 AM   #281
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
People need to understand why the Giants are ranked so low. Yes, they won the World Series, but look at the roster. Guys like Gregor Blanco helped them in real life, but he's not going to be highly rated in the game. Even Scutaro isn't the type of guy who will be rated highly in a video game.

The Giants are better than the sum of their parts. If you break them down player for player, they are nowhere near being the most talented team in baseball. But they had an odd group of guys who were able to grind out games and win. But that doesn't translate to a video game.
I agree 100% regarding the Giants offense. Absolutely they arent going to translate into high ratings. Its the pitching staff ranking 9th that boggles my mind. One of the best bullbens in baseball and a rotation 1-5 that ranks up there with any team in baseball. Thats what has me scratching my head.

Then again, do the team ratings take in to effect the whole 40 roster instead of just the MLB 25? Maybe thats watering done their ratings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2013, 02:11 AM   #282
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Glad to see my A's up there!

And how in the hell are the Red Sox #3?!

Chelsea FC
Old 02-24-2013, 03:50 AM   #283
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
I agree 100% regarding the Giants offense. Absolutely they arent going to translate into high ratings. Its the pitching staff ranking 9th that boggles my mind. One of the best bullbens in baseball and a rotation 1-5 that ranks up there with any team in baseball. Thats what has me scratching my head.

Then again, do the team ratings take in to effect the whole 40 roster instead of just the MLB 25? Maybe thats watering done their ratings?
Giants pitching is overrated. They were 11th in the NL in road ERA. People completely dismiss park factors when looking at team stats and player stats. Considering the entire MLB, they were ranked 27th in defense errors committed and fielding percentage, and 12th in runs scored. Seeing them at 17th overall isn't as far fetched as it may seem.

Yes, Giants won the world series. But like the previous guy said, talent wise they don't stack up. Any of the top 15 teams in baseball can beat anybody in a 7 game series. Guys like Scutaro played out of their minds. They can make the post season pretty easily playing in the NL West, and from there the playoffs are a roll of the dice. Teams like the Nationals, Braves, Reds, and Cardinals look better on paper (and were during the regular season statistically). Even the Dodgers if it wasn't for the injuries especially to Kershaw and Kemp would have finished ahead and Giants were close to not even making the playoffs.

Yes, they won, congrats...but I don't think it makes them automatically the undisputed #1 team in baseball. They're not any more scary to face than the teams mentioned above, plus AL teams like the Rangers, A's, Angels, Tigers, Yankees, Baltimore, and even Toronto.

There's lots of good teams in baseball. I don't think people realize that not too much separates the #3 through #17 teams in the major leagues. A lot of it depends on injuries, timing, luck, and playing in the right division.

So yea, it's just a video game. The players ratings total them to 17th...big whoop. Video games don't capture hot streaks and chemistry the same way.

Last edited by ParisB; 02-24-2013 at 04:29 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #284
Rookie

OVR: 0
This may be the dumbest thing ever. The Red Sox have better pitching than the Reds?
Old 02-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #285
Pro

OVR: 4
I am a huge red sox fan but how are the red sox a 3 when they were gutted and lost most of their stars?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #286
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

I love this thread.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #287
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre
I am a huge red sox fan but how are the red sox a 3 when they were gutted and lost most of their stars?
Don't worry they still play like **** in the game as compared to real life so your experience will not be ruined!
Old 02-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #288

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Don't worry they still play like **** in the game as compared to real life so your experience will not be ruined!
lol, I can see that happening. Once the game comes out, people will be like "How come the 3rd overall Red Sox can't beat the 11th overall Yankees!?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »