Home

MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #65
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Listening to Matt V. on the Hot Stove show on MLB Network is totally different. He's a real cool dude and his real life broadcast are good. But for the game it sounds like he is just reading lines and the rest of the guys don't have enough lines.

If anyone has heard his "Santa Maria" home run call you know he has the emotion in there. It would be great to hear the real Matt V. in the game.

But the game looks amazing. Can't wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #66
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

SCEA needs to grab Play-by-play man Jon Sciambi and analyst Chris Singleton & maybe Dan Shulman or Hershiser next year. book 'em Dano
Old 02-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #67
Pro

slickkill77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Who would have ever thought that "take some pine meat!" would be a welcome addtion to commentary in the year 2013...

...emotion has been done, good and bad for years and years. I think if the community spoke up for it SCEA would provide. But if it happens that the vocal majority defends the subpar commentary then oh well.
I'm pretty sure boring commentary has been one of the biggest complaints with the series since I started coming here.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #68
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
@slick...oh yeah you're right about that but what I'm saying is that most of us who wanted to see the improvement in that area thought it would have happened by now. But I;m glad they've made attempts with different voices, it's just that their main guy is the main "problem." The best thing they did - and hat's off to them for this - was to allow us to turn on/off each announcer individually. Brilliant!

Last edited by inkcil; 02-27-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #69
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
SCEA needs to grab Play-by-play man Jon Sciambi and analyst Chris Singleton & maybe Dan Shulman or Hershiser next year. book 'em Dano
I played Highschool baseball with Chris. Cool guy!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #70
Banned

CJ10's Arena

Observations, saw some good and some bad things

some very nice new stances that are looking much better, especially on Jupton.

still no new fielding gloves, thats a big disappointment, its been 5+ years, need to see more than one type of glove for the designated positions (OF , IF/P, 1B and C). Its a bit ridiculous at this point, but hey there wont be any excuses for not having them on PS4!

nice addition to wear the finger in the glove as most pitchers do that now days

unfortunately wont be able to use huddy again this year since they didnt re-do his pitching motion away from that herky jerky one he has now.

a bit disappointed they went and paid nike money to ONLY get an undershirt, but again something we have to look forward to on PS4!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #71
Banned

CJ10's Arena

Forgot one, and since I cant edit my post (have no idea why????) here it is:

a very small thing that goes a long way:

bats without the rings looking real good!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #72
Rookie

Geez you guys are hard to please.

Anyways i customize all my sounds in each stadium with my own songs and walk up entrances.

I turn off the commentary and jus have the stadium sounds, its like being at the ballpark.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »