Home

MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #33
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Even the best commentary gets stale pretty fast. And I don't really like the player specific banter that other games do, because once you hear it once, you get tired of it, and you usually hear it every single game. Ugh.

Just give me some generic play-by-play commentary and I'm happy. I usually just end up using the Music Mode anyway.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #34
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 13 The Show gameplay video

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
Lots of improvements overall but nothing too game changing. I kind of wish we could, at the very least, hear the end of the National Anthem.

I'll echo what everyone else has said, the commentary is a snooze fest. If you really think non boring commentary isn't possible then go watch youtube vids of the other game. We all love The Show, but everyone that's defending the commentary like we're insulting their mothers needs to stop. The "White Knighting" (no pun intended Knight) for The Show on these forums gets really old. Just because people point out a flaw with the game, that doesn't mean that we don't like the game or its developer. We all appreciate the work they put in year in and year out. We also appreciate how active they are responding to us and our concerns. As well as how they work with us to stamp out any flaws the game may have.

With that being said the lack of updates to the commentary year in and year out is a concern. If there is one thing SCEA still struggles with it is the commentary. 2K sports (all their games), Fifa, NHL, and I'm sure there are others have commentary that is very good. All commentary is going to get repetitive regardless of what game it is. The problem with The Show is that it is already boring enough as it is, but then it also gets repetitive very quickly. Its an unfortunate issue that we have to deal with for now along with the NCAA and Madden people

Yea but they added another guy to the booth a few years back (I don't remember which one) and he added virtually nothing to the table. Seems like Lyon is the same way. There needs to be some kind of back and forth especially if you are going to have 3 guys in the booth. Instead one guy says 90% of the stuff and the other 2 add maybe 10%
THIS IS by far one of the most on point posts I've EVER read on here.. And I'm on here in threads EVERYDAY. This is exactly how I feel. Too many people get burned for being honest.. There's the ones that seem like they are secret workers for SECA.. And ones who make ridiculous points. But the commentary is not something anyone pays any attention to any ore because, well... There's nothing else to be found really:/ I love the show Though and it's the only game I get EVERY year.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

The Presentation looked astounding to me, just glancing over, looking at the overlays and OSD's I'd think it was a real broadcast. Commentary is what it is and people think like they do. It may get fixed on PS4, heck it may not but this is what we got for 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cowboys22
the defensive lineup cutaways are downright horrible and cheap.These guys really need big time help to pull their presentation together to work right, they have the piece's they just don't fit right.
i like em
very espn-like.

quicker too. all on screen at once. I can take a quick scan of the alignment and off i go.
i always skipped the old ones.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #37
MVP

crains13's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cowboys22
i agree 300% with slthree their is no excuse for the commentary to be so dry year after year just terrible.....a baseball game can get pretty boring without good commentary to help keep you going IMO.That's mostly why I rather play mlb2k cause their commentary is way better just not the overall package.
Then I believe you are on the wrong forum bud.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #38
Rookie

Sretep75's Arena

OVR: 3

Wtf? ABSOLUTELY no emotion from Matt V when Harper in that homerun? Come on........

MLB: Oakland A's
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NHL: San Jose Sharks
MiLB: Las Vegas 51's
Old 02-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #39
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

I love The Show, I play it more than any other game and it's not even close. The game is so close to perfection for a baseball fan that it's scary. However, I have to agree with pretty much everyone else, the commentary has really lagged behind the rest of the game. There is way too much dead air and it just doesn't sound like the three announcers are actually together in the booth; they never seem to interact with each other. They just throw out random lines when appropriate and go silent again.

There also needs to be more excitement on calls like the homerun in the video. A homerun for the home team in the first inning of a Game 1 should sound differently than a homerun in May.

Besides commentary, The Show 13 is looking amazing!!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sretep75
Wtf? ABSOLUTELY no emotion from Matt V when Harper in that homerun? Come on........
Once again there is emotion on HR calls, its just RANDOM

see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...GK38-mqM#t=10s

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »