Home

MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: MLB 13 The Show gameplay video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
But even NBA2kX gets repetative. I understand that people want better commentary, I do too. However, we a)aren't going to see that in this generation, and b) are still going to be limited as there isn't constant action on the field. A lot of storytelling goes on during nine inning games that last 162 days out of the season.

all sports games do, i put that up in response to the guy who said announcers are not capable of showing emotion on this generation of consoles. not in regards to repetitive comments.

and as far as non stop talking, trust me, i don't want that either cause thats just as annoying as dead air.
but i sure as heck don't want the announcers to have nothing to say when game one lineups are introduced, thats for sure.

Last edited by econoodle; 02-27-2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: fixed a really weird grammar mistake
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 13

It's not that the commentary is bad or anything it's just that Vasgersian is just plain boring. With a video game you need someone that is slightly over the top in order to add a bit of excitement at times.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #27
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLegendOS
Did not take long for the excuses to come in.....Yea dead air all over the place is due to the resources...Comical

The commentary is flat out terrible...How can 2K basketball have emotion and a million times better commentary. A huge dunk or 3 the announcers go crazy. In the Show is like a foul ball during spring training.
Listen, I have been one of the biggest complainers about this. However, look at what they are doing. Every area continually gets upgraded. They added Steve Lyons this year. Yes, it is a work in progress but they can only focus on so much at one time. Not an excuse but they are developing for the PSVita and no doubt the PS4. Yet, they did a ton of work for this year's addition. They are listening we will just have to be patient my friend!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #28
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10

The commentary is toast people.. Engine.. Memory.. Whatever. It's a fact that the commentary is very "dead" sounding.. Post season game.. Exciting atmosphere and announcers that hardly said anything in over 7 minutes.. That's not how a real broadcast sounds.. Unless you're stereotyping baseball commentary (which is just calls and little to no stories and interaction between the announcers)
Old 02-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #29
Pro

slickkill77's Arena

OVR: 7

Lots of improvements overall but nothing too game changing. I kind of wish we could, at the very least, hear the end of the National Anthem.

I'll echo what everyone else has said, the commentary is a snooze fest. If you really think non boring commentary isn't possible then go watch youtube vids of the other game. We all love The Show, but everyone that's defending the commentary like we're insulting their mothers needs to stop. The "White Knighting" (no pun intended Knight) for The Show on these forums gets really old. Just because people point out a flaw with the game, that doesn't mean that we don't like the game or its developer. We all appreciate the work they put in year in and year out. We also appreciate how active they are responding to us and our concerns. As well as how they work with us to stamp out any flaws the game may have.

With that being said the lack of updates to the commentary year in and year out is a concern. If there is one thing SCEA still struggles with it is the commentary. 2K sports (all their games), Fifa, NHL, and I'm sure there are others have commentary that is very good. All commentary is going to get repetitive regardless of what game it is. The problem with The Show is that it is already boring enough as it is, but then it also gets repetitive very quickly. Its an unfortunate issue that we have to deal with for now along with the NCAA and Madden people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Listen, I have been one of the biggest complainers about this. However, look at what they are doing. Every area continually gets upgraded. They added Steve Lyons this year. Yes, it is a work in progress but they can only focus on so much at one time. Not an excuse but they are developing for the PSVita and no doubt the PS4. Yet, they did a ton of work for this year's addition. They are listening we will just have to be patient my friend!
Yea but they added another guy to the booth a few years back (I don't remember which one) and he added virtually nothing to the table. Seems like Lyon is the same way. There needs to be some kind of back and forth especially if you are going to have 3 guys in the booth. Instead one guy says 90% of the stuff and the other 2 add maybe 10%

Last edited by slickkill77; 02-27-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #30
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
all sports games do, i put that up in response to the guy who said announcers are not capable of showing emotion on this generation of consoles. not in regards to repetitive comments.

and as far as non stop talking, trust me, i don't want that either cause thats just as annoying as dead air.
but i sure as heck don't wont nobody to have anything to say when game one lineups are introduced, thats for sure.
That's what bugs me the most as well... by far the easiest solution is to reduce the length of the cutscene 3-5 seconds. They could also have one of the guys say something generic like "The Nationals are 1st in the NL in average this year, batting .280 as a team." That way they don't even have to mention names for when the roster turns over.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #31
Banned

22cowboys22's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
You guys with your commentary gripes.. I mean.. The system resources are limited. The software technology ( coding ) for such a thing is limited. What do you expect ?

This generation of consoles is not capable of having AI commentators with emotional behavior like they're watching a real game.
i agree 300% with slthree their is no excuse for the commentary to be so dry year after year just terrible.....a baseball game can get pretty boring without good commentary to help keep you going IMO.That's mostly why I rather play mlb2k cause their commentary is way better just not the overall package.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 06:45 PM   #32
Banned

22cowboys22's Arena

OVR: 8
the defensive lineup cutaways are downright horrible and cheap.These guys really need big time help to pull their presentation together to work right, they have the piece's they just don't fit right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »