Home

MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #105
MVP

crains13's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

If the commentary is the only thing people have to complain about then I believe we have a pretty damn good game coming our way. For everyone talking about NBA 2K's "great" commentary, that game has its flaws (gameplay wise) that are more important than the Show having "boring" commentating. If you weigh it out, I would rather have The Show's great gameplay that has little to no flaws, than 2K's commentary and their flaws.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #106
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Makes keeping MLB 12 much more sense.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #107
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
What is wrong with the commentary exactly? Their tone of voice, repetitive, lack of enthusiasm, or their lack of side discussion?
I think people have various issues. The timing of triggered audio, repetitiveness, the use of old commentary (which stands out to those who play the game every year, etc.

Overall I think its pretty good for what sports games tend to have in the past.

I wonder if they'd ever be able to license the actual audio from games. They might be able to build up a lot of variations on the generic commentary.

"High fly ball to right..."
"Curveball in the dirt."
"...and he beats the throw to first."

Maybe even player specific audio. Might be hard to get clean audio though as I have no idea if the individual commentators tracks are ever recorded during broadcasts.

p.s. NBA 2K is a damn fine game, I play it on PC. The commentary is not the only thing great about it. The Show and 2K are different sports and each have their own flaws in gameplay and design.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:15 PM   #108
Rookie

Arod2k9's Arena

OVR: 7
I'll take the Shows commentary over NBA2K and here is why. The Show calls the action as the commentators see it, subtle yes but they keep it simple. No need to start debates, talking about the same crap every game. The Show sticks with what works in every facet of the game. They have never gone overboard and they won't do it with commentary. So keep in mind that baseball in real life has those empty moments, its a war with in a war but subtle nonetheless. I wouldn't want them to drift from the relaxing feeling one gets from playing this game. This is the only game I can actually take my time relax and actually enjoy without all the nonsense
Old 02-27-2013, 11:15 PM   #109
MVP

crains13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
couldn't agree more. think this explains why we saw no gameplay videos before this one. very disappointing
It was one inning of a game, one home-run. There are more than 1 home run animation and more than 3 or 4 cutscenes (however many were in that video). Wait until you play the game before talking about how "disappointing" it is.

Last edited by crains13; 02-27-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #110
MVP

crains13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod2k9
I'll take the Shows commentary over NBA2K and here is why. The Show calls the action as the commentators see it, subtle yes but they keep it simple. No need to start debates, talking about the same crap every game. The Show sticks with what works in every facet of the game. They have never gone overboard and they won't do it with commentary. So keep in mind that baseball in real life has those empty moments, its a war with in a war but subtle nonetheless. I wouldn't want them to drift from the relaxing feeling one gets from playing this game. This is the only game I can actually take my time relax and actually enjoy without all the nonsense
Thank you! I dont know how everyone is judging the game already after just one inning, without even playing the game.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:23 PM   #111
Banned

OVR: 0
I only saw one person mention this, but do you think maybe no demo or gameplay videos this year because they knew the progression slowed down, essentially making it Show 12 with updated rosters? The video, aside from the commentary, didn't amaze me at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 11:24 PM   #112
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

You guys got some good Chiba.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »