Home

MLB 2K13 Gameplay Videos - Orioles vs. Blue Jays & Dodgers vs. A's

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13 Gameplay Videos - Orioles vs. Blue Jays & Dodgers vs. A's within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K13 Gameplay Video - Baltimore Orioles vs. Toronto Blue Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtics6
Not this time. Sucks because I like competition. Out of anyone 2k needs the support more than the show, I like having more than one game in town, but they have to step up to the plate.
I bought one 2K sports game in the past 4-5 years, 2K11 for the PC. Again, I'm just happy they got their act together to put out a playable PC game. I'm happy with it; it serves as my baseball fix; and I just won't buy another game of theirs until they get their crap together as a game company. But for people who can't live without updated rosters, I can understand why they'd buy it. I don't see it as an issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #42
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynecandy
I think the 2K looks decent for someone who only owns the 360 but the majority of people with PS3 & 360 are going to pick PS3 The Show.
I had a PS3 last year, but still went with the 2k12 and I never once regretted that decision. Sold my PS3 three weeks ago and will be picking up 2k13 tomorrow. 2k plays a fun game of baseball and in the end that's all I care about.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

Last edited by DirtyJerz32; 03-04-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #43
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtics6
I realize we live in a capitalist society and whatever sucker will buy it, but releasing this game this year just seems underhanded to me. Maybe that's the problem too many women out there on both sides of the fence.
For the record, I have 2K12, I like it and plan to play it again this year. 2K13 appears a little better, but not enough for me to buy it. So while that is disappointing to me personally, I think I understand the business strategy. While there are a few of us here that really like the game, by all accounts we are in the vast minority. 2K probably feels that are already way too far behind, so rather than try to catch up, finish out this generation by cataring to the Million Dollar challenge crowd. I am guessing that they have the market research to determine how many copies that the promotion sells, and that they make money on it. But they probaby don't feel that there is a ton to gain by dumping alot of investment into development at this point.

I understand that people many think this is underhanded, but I don't. They haven't promoted any new features. The back of the box is the same, the achievements are the same. It has been pretty obvious from the start that this would be a light paint job. And for anyone who doesn't have a recent version of the game, then it is a solid title.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsquad423
I always buy both and I was able to get 2k13 early from the a swap-meet and yes it's exactly the same as 2k12 a lot of the new guys like Trout, Harper, Soto, and Cespede. Still have generic faces. Grenke still wit a Brewers hat in his pic. My dirt hit was a double that ended up being an inside the park home run because Trumbo got glitch standing against the wall. I love 2k but the didn't even try. For the Dodgers fans that asked, they have the new dodger stadium seats but still have the old big screens.
Well this statement isn't totally correct as Harper had his own cyberface in 2k12 and it was a good one. As far as the others your likely right but Cespedes has a generic face in the show as well.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #45
Banned

I like Kruk Phillips and Thorne in this game but wow this game just doesnt even belong on the same level as the show... I traded my xbox in for a ps3 just for the show sorry boys but after being totally disappointed year after year I finally did something about it... My name is Trevor and I am a survivor of 2k baseball letdown
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32_OS
I had a PS3 last year, but still went with the 2k12 and I never once regretted that decision. Sold my PS3 three weeks ago and will be picking up 2k13 tomorros. 2k plays a fun game of baseball and in the end that's all I care about.
Please do hop in the impressions thread and get in depth on your thoughts no later than 10:30 am eastern standard time.

Will you be doing franchise mode?
Old 03-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #47
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatman38
I like Kruk Phillips and Thorne in this game but wow this game just doesnt even belong on the same level as the show... I traded my xbox in for a ps3 just for the show sorry boys but after being totally disappointed year after year I finally did something about it... My name is Trevor and I am a survivor of 2k baseball letdown
Awesome so you are done posting in here. Cool!

To me the game looks way more polished.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 7

This board needs a separate thread to direct all the show fanboy trolls to with their comments. So we can be like hey didn't you see the sticky? You can post your "I got the show and haven't looked back since. How does anyone play this crap" comments there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »