Home

Madden NFL 25 Brings Back Importing of Draft Classes, Full 32-Team Control & More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Brings Back Importing of Draft Classes, Full 32-Team Control & More within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #121
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 25 - Playbook 3: Connected Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBorn81
Bah, some people are never satisfied. We get a true owner mode this year, but now it's not enough. Lol...This will be a day one buy for me, as I said before in the previous thread that was made weeks ago, if Connected Franchise was what I thought it was, which it has been revealed it is, I'll purchase this. Can't wait to see all the mode has to offer, I'm stoked.
Man u r so right ppl r something else. But yeah i already paid my Ncaa 14 in full and kant wait for M25.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #122
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Madden NFL 25 Brings Back Importing of Draft Classes, Full 32-Team Control & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Glad to see 32 team control and draft class importing added back into the game.

It looks like multiple upgrade packages can be purchased at once based on the Ray Rice player progression screenshot, which is a plus.

Also glad to see player regression matter more, per a blog by Shopmaster.

I wish that there was more done for direct football gameplay, though. Owner Mode is kinda "meh" for me. I would have liked to see things like more fleshing out of the coaching staff (though at least the Scout and Trainer are there now), practice squad, player morale, team chemistry, etc. etc. More team management gameplay aspects which more obviously relate to what I do on the field, in a nutshell.

The focus by the dev team this cycle isn't quite where I wanted to be, it appears. That said, I'll still get the game, because I enjoyed what was already there.
I agree, but I resigned myself to this reality when I saw how they handled introducing Connected Careers last year. I think they grossly underestimated the desire for some of the typical franchise/dynasty type "basics" (I know opinions vary on what is considered basic) that are now being reintroduced this year, essentially putting them a bit behind on fleshing out already present features added in 13. There was simply too much work left to be done.

So, if logic for their development process and supposedly renewed commitment to steady progression follows, this is another year of groundwork and only minor additions for the mode's individual aspects.

In theory, if they are truly more organized, this also bodes well for next generation, as this provides a near-complete foundation for the major forms of career play and clear direction for moving forward. That all remains to be seen though. I'm still skeptical, but at least there is an appearance of real planning here (and I would also hope they learned their lesson from their previous transition to "next gen").
Old 05-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 0
So adding previous features that were suppose to be in last years title is the big thing now. EA ran out of ideas. And owner mode is stale too. Madden 13 2.0
Old 05-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #124
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Brings Back Importing of Draft Classes, Full 32-Team Control & More

I personally think all of this stuff is just laying the foundation for next gen Madden. I think they will be capable of ALOT more on the new consoles, so they are just doing what they can with the current gen stuff.

Lets just hope the new engine can get the gameplay to a new level. Then we will be looking at a truly great game....but Im not that optimistic, for obvious reasons.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #125
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Sooooo, what I got from this blog is that EA just put a lot of stuff back into franchise that had been taken out at some point over the years. Is there gonna be anything else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #126
Rookie

OVR: 1
lol i love it EA cant win they tried going a different route for years and all the "fans" said is we want back our old stuff we like, they do it and now some "fans" are saying that EA is getting lazy and that they are out of ideas, so if they listen to us or if they dont they cant please some people lol. I know its not perfect but its a game thats all there are w whole lot of other things you bug for 60 dollars or more that dont give nearly the same type of entertainment lol, Anyway im happy. still way better than madden 07 lol
Old 05-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #127
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Lol, there's a typo in the picture under "Finances". They use the wrong "too".

...yes, I read through everything and that was one of the things I picked out...

Edit: They actually make that same mistake twice in the same picture lol. They do it again under "Staff".
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 05-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #128
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

So, can someone direct me to other blogs about CFM? This tells me about absolutely NOTHING I care about.

What about the draft? Free agency? Details about how progression and regression are improved. This was all so underwhelming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »