Home

Madden NFL 25 Brings Back Importing of Draft Classes, Full 32-Team Control & More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Brings Back Importing of Draft Classes, Full 32-Team Control & More within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #137
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 25 Brings Back Importing of Draft Classes, Full 32-Team Control & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
While all that stuff is cool, I am going to be highly disappointed if they chose to ignore other elements of general Franchise. After listening to that Looman interview he stated some things that concerned me. He specifically talked about having fan morale for the most part and it effecting revenue but absolutely no mention of player morale. I really hope they didn't add all this stuff for Owner, aka Tycoon mode, while ignoring fleshing out core aspects of team management involving the players.

I've read that there is no team morale aspect.

Your megalomaniac control of a team has no impact on how the team plays... Your expectations affect basically nothing because there is no incentive to run a team correctly in all honesty.

I think I will have one save file of Owner Mode where I am the Bills or Jags but stick to coaching and hope that the presence of Owner Mode means that I can get a new contract offered or mounting fan pressure for my firing or the firing of other coaches.

I also hope that the interview elements that are present for the Owner Mode are also there for Players and Coaches.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #138
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 25 Brings Back Importing of Draft Classes, Full 32-Team Control & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous

Your megalomaniac control of a team has no impact on how the team plays... Your expectations affect basically nothing because there is no incentive to run a team correctly in all honesty.

I think I will have one save file of Owner Mode where I am the Bills or Jags but stick to coaching and hope that the presence of Owner Mode means that I can get a new contract offered or mounting fan pressure for my firing or the firing of other coaches.

I also hope that the interview elements that are present for the Owner Mode are also there for Players and Coaches.
I don't think they are and I believe a lot of people around OS are going to be disappointed after all this "hype" wears off. Not just about the lack of player morale but over what I think may turn out to be a complete oversight of other legacy franchise issues, in favor of creating this "Tycoon" like Owner Mode.

AJ's Twitter comment, "don't bother" concerning the future of Franchise Mode is echoing in my mind. He specifically said that game play should be fine and headed in the right direction but Franchise mode, not so much.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #139
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
I don't think they are and I believe a lot of people around OS are going to be disappointed after all this "hype" wears off. Not just about the lack of player morale but over what I think may turn out to be a complete oversight of other legacy franchise issues, in favor of creating this "Tycoon" like Owner Mode.

AJ's Twitter comment, "don't bother" concerning the future of Franchise Mode is echoing in my mind. He specifically said that game play should be fine and headed in the right direction but Franchise mode, not so much.
I'm glad i'm not the only one who feels this way. Congrats to all the people that are happy about all this, but, I just wish they would have focused on the meat and potatoes of franchise mode instead of JUST focusing on owner mode like it seems.

Ah well, let's hope for next gen.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #140
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I'm glad i'm not the only one who feels this way. Congrats to all the people that are happy about all this, but, I just wish they would have focused on the meat and potatoes of franchise mode instead of JUST focusing on owner mode like it seems.

Ah well, let's hope for next gen.
Have to say I agree with both you guys.

For me, this is all pointless. An owner doesn't get fired, having ultimate control is cool and I'm really happy for all the people that like this stuff, but I like being a coach and building a roster. I don't care about earning fake money, I care about winning championships.

All I hope to see from all this stuff is that there is a logical system that structures the coaching.. I want owners to fire and hire coaches reasonably or realistically. I don't want to see a Head Coach win the superbowl and then leave that team to become HC of a team that finished 6-10 for no reason.

If this owner mode creates a more realistic world within the game then I will welcome it. If it is just a bunch of gimmicks its not really anything for me, but again, I can see why people will enjoy it.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #141
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

While I'm very happy that 32 team control and imported draft classes are back,I wish HC09 was used as a model for the team management aspect.I would've thought at least off/def coordinators would be in and have some importance and it would be great to have player morale as pretty much all other sports games have.

I know some people like to set hotdog prices and relocate teams but putting substance in coaching and player aspects has more value when it comes right down to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #142
Rookie

OVR: 3
I won't be impressed until I actually rent this game and play it for a week or so. These additions mean nothing to me if the gameplay isn't good. 13 was played for about a month in my home before I HAD to give up on it.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #143
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous

The lack of morale is really disappointing. I was hoping it would be one of the feature being withheld by the NDA.

There are impacts to how you run your team though, they have said that you need to become profitable enough to be able to sign/re-sign high profile players due to their bonus. So, lets say you are playing as the Redskins. You have run your franchise into the ground and haven't turned a profit for the past three years. RG3 is a free agent and when you try to re-sign him you can't afford to offer him a huge bonus. Therefore, he becomes a free-agent and your team becomes worse.

The lack of morale does render a lot of owner pointless and make it more of a gimmick, but at least there are some consequences.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #144
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k198003
lol i love it EA cant win they tried going a different route for years and all the "fans" said is we want back our old stuff we like, they do it and now some "fans" are saying that EA is getting lazy and that they are out of ideas, so if they listen to us or if they dont they cant please some people lol. I know its not perfect but its a game thats all there are w whole lot of other things you bug for 60 dollars or more that dont give nearly the same type of entertainment lol, Anyway im happy. still way better than madden 07 lol
I mean I can understand it though, okay they brought back all the stuff we wanted from past maddens that's great but they shouldn't expect a pat on the back for it I mean they're the ones who took it out in the first place. I guess it just feels like instead of getting improvement we're just back to what we had before, but with this new crew it seems they're laying down a long term plan to get madden back on track and better than it's ever been. We'll just have to wait and see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »