Home

Madden NFL 25 Brings Back Importing of Draft Classes, Full 32-Team Control & More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Brings Back Importing of Draft Classes, Full 32-Team Control & More within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 25 Brings Back Importing of Draft Classes, Full 32-Team Control & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I promise you that the franchise AI is going to be screwey. No sports game ever has been able to get that part right. Thats why 32 team was so important to me.
That's something all sports games need to have as an option. We need these games to truly be "our game" and not their game. No matter how well-tuned the AI logc is for roster management, there's going to be something we don't agree with. Yeah, the Packers drafted a star QB in 2015 and traded Aaron Rodgers. Nope, I want him to retire as a Packer, let me go fix that.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #194
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 25 Brings Back Importing of Draft Classes, Full 32-Team Control & More

So, let me get this straight.... we can control how much we charge for hot dogs? I'm so excited!!!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #195
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
That's something all sports games need to have as an option. We need these games to truly be "our game" and not their game. No matter how well-tuned the AI logc is for roster management, there's going to be something we don't agree with. Yeah, the Packers drafted a star QB in 2015 and traded Aaron Rodgers. Nope, I want him to retire as a Packer, let me go fix that.
Exactly. Every game I love (NBA 2k, The Show, even FIFA) has some sort of full league control. Looman didnt realize how important this feature was to people until people like me where harassing him about adding it back in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #196
Banned

OVR: 24

I can already see this: owner mode.....message: "your attendance has been down this year".
Yet every home game will show a sellout crowd, lolol....
Old 05-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #197
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still2REal
I hear what you are saying, but I'm not in the "Let's give these guys a chance" mode. I did that for 10 years and it didn't really work out well. Also, I'm not really concerned with how many hours they work. Many people work hard at their jobs, but I'm not giving any slack to the dude at a restaurant when they jack up my order. I'm not bashing EA but we have to call a spade a spade. When they improve on features, then I"ll give due praise. Were I to say "EA sucks or is laxy" I would understand, but my statement is simply that companies should not get credit for bringing back old features that never should have been removed.

Let's not forget that the move to this current gen basically started the game over again. Should we expect this on the PS4 and XBox too. Is all this just a last grab for sales on a dying platform for the cycle to repeat itself?

Seriously though, "what is classified as constructive criticism"? I've never understood why it's acceptable to post "This is awesome" but then get threatened with being banned for saying "I'm not impressed."

I actually thought Connected Careers was great/fantastic/etc. To me that represented progress. Bringing back features not so much.
Have you read my thread about "Maybe it's not the "suits" that were the problem? If so, go back and read it again, because I just added some very interesting quotes from Rex Dickson about how in the past the game play team had little voice as to the direction of the game, but with the new execs the direction of the game is coming from the devs and is tied very closely to what the community is asking for.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #198
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yes it is trolling because it serves no purpose. You dont have to sing their praises. You dont have to say anything at all and thats the point. There are people here that are legitimately happy about the features they added back in. I'm one of them because I was pissed they took out 32 team control last year. While I'm happy about that feature coming back, I'm not "singing anyones praises." I recognize that its a feature that should not have been taken out but whats the point in saying that now other than to rain on others' happiness about the features being back.
Sorry but it's everyone's right to give their opinion on a matter whether it be positive or negative. If I were uber excited about this like some people on here it wouldn't matter to me that someone else isn't. Basically I'm saying everyone's entitled to state their opinion and no one has the right to say they can't or shouldn't.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #199
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
Sorry but it's everyone's right to give their opinion on a matter whether it be positive or negative. If I were uber excited about this like some people on here it wouldn't matter to me that someone else isn't. Basically I'm saying everyone's entitled to state their opinion and no one has the right to say they can't or shouldn't.
LOL! I love this. This isnt America. This is a privately owned site named Operation Sports. So while you have the right to state your opinion...I (and our team of mods) have the right to delete your post and ban you from accessing this site if your post is considered trolling. State your opinion all you want but if it crosses the line, it will be the last statement you make as a member of OS.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #200
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

I am worried about them tweaking the XP given out for practice and games. There isn't enough information out there yet, but are we going to see teams full of 99 players? I can only assume the whole system got revamped, but I don't fully trust EA to really implement the system w/o needed a patch or two at release.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »