Home

LeBron James is the Cover Athlete For NBA 2K14, King James Bonus Pack Revealed

This is a discussion on LeBron James is the Cover Athlete For NBA 2K14, King James Bonus Pack Revealed within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #169
Rookie

Po0hd1n1's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: LeBron James is the Cover Athlete For NBA 2K14, King James Bonus Pack Revealed

its about time he deserves it

that cover is wack tho i hope thats not official....looks like a bad fan made version
Old 06-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #170
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: LeBron James is the Cover Athlete For NBA 2K14, King James Bonus Pack Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWades House
This was the best soundtrack ever. What do you listen to ?
Wow. Really? It was AWFUL.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #171
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
I remember the player introductions way back in the first versions on Dreamcast. No stupid rap videos with camera angles changing 10 times per second...the announcer was actually half-a**ing the guests before hyping up the home team. Players were interacting with each other, it really made this feel like a basketball game.

And you're spot on about halftime shows. They could show more highlight packages of maybe the best 3 players on each team. But we don't even have bug free replays on PC, so I don't expect much. NFL2k5 was amazing presentation wise, don't know why they didn't try to do it like that in other franchises, too.
Plus I would love to have the halftime show consistently show me how games are going. Like if I'm in control of every team and already played a Bobcats vs Raptors game and the next game is the T'Wolves vs Pelicans I should see what is going on in the Bobcats game or the final score. Instead we get nothing but what is on dock as if nothing happened already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #172
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Umm... It's realistic because myPLAYER is SUPER FLIPPING MARIO!

Just kidding, I hate the system. It's so easy to buy your way to everything. It took me 3 months to get all my sig skills, 99 Overall, those clothes, and all the crap. But it takes a few bucks to get all that in one microtransaction.

The only way I'm fine with VC is this:
-More expensive, not $5 for 10,000 VC, but $15
-Cant use on Road to Greatness or myTEAM (unless in what I will say
-Use only for Clothes and Accessories and Crew-related stuff (JERSEYS?!?!)
-Expensive boosters for myTEAM
-If there was myCrib = PERFECT EXAMPLE FOR VC!
I don't believe making it more expensive will solve the vc issue. They need to make a one time purchase of say 10,000 vc available and that's it. Or they could limit vc to apparel etc and have skill points separate. That way they can still make more money without compromising the integrity of the game. People buy all those avatar items on Xbox so I'm sure people will spend 5 bucks to put some bling on their player.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 06-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #173
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Wow ! I was actually expecting you to say it was to hardcore wtf lmao.

What was pop about it ? Mobb Deep ? Biggie, Kanye, Jay ?
I think you could argue Jay-z and kanye aren't exactly hardcore, at least at this point in their careers. And shook ones is a classic, Nas is one of my all time favorites, but there were a few too many Jay-z songs. Overall, great soundtrack if you're into rap, because that's what 80%? of it was right?

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 06-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #174
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
Overall, great soundtrack if you're into rap, because that's what 80%? of it was right?
I'm into rap, but didn't like the soundtrack. The best solution would be to allow custom music. No more complaining...
Old 06-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #175
MVP

OVR: 1
Soundtrack was good, especially since a lot of the songs matched what was playing at NBA venues this year.

The rest of the jay-z additions outside of Barkley and Pippen? wasn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #176
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Wow ! I was actually expecting you to say it was to hardcore wtf lmao.

What was pop about it ? Mobb Deep ? Biggie, Kanye, Jay ?
I think it depends upon one's definition of "pop". If we take it as being short for "popular", all those fellows fit the bill and have had a permanent presence throughout MTV, BET, VH1, and general popular culture for years (Mobb Deep sort of feels like the odd man out of that list, but their Shook Ones earned extra longevity and popular presence after 8 Mile).

To be clear, there's nothing inherently wrong with being deemed pop or popular. I liked a number of the songs on the soundtrack, it's just I liked them 10 or 15 years ago. I admit there was nostalgic glory the first time I heard Shook Ones in-game but that nostalgia wore off very quickly after I realized we'd all played that song out a decade ago. Being tasked with having to listen to it on repeat for the entire 2K13 cycle was not pleasant.

Kurtis Blow's "Basketball" was another example. It was an old favorite of mine and I objected to Bow Wow's cover based upon principle. However, after hearing "We're playin' BAS. KIT. BAWLLLLL" during every one of my hundreds of 2K12 start ups, I don't think I'd mind if I never heard that song again.

I favor underground and variance because it often keeps things fresh and new (and often leads to new interest in artists I previously hadn't heard before).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »