Home

NCAA Football 14 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Impressions Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #49
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 14 Available For Season Ticket Subscribers, Post Your Impressions H

Started off with two ranked matches, won both with A&M. Spread option attack is deadly. Had fun on D trying to stop user Bama

Played a half of Air Force (me) vs Navy (CPU) on default heisman, 8 min qtrs

It was 14-14 at half, the my game got really laggy like the frame rate dipped low on every play so I restarted the console. I'm on a 250 gig 360 slim. Little worried about that hope it was just a glitch

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #50
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 14 Available For Season Ticket Subscribers, Post Your Impressions H

There's got to be a way to avoid those shoestring tackles. I did avoid one by changing my angle at the last second. Anybody find something else, let us know.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #51
Rookie

TeriyAkin's Arena

OVR: 1

there aren't any smart routes anymore... that's dumb
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #52
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

The "db glitch" is still in, and it's pretty unacceptable. Hopefully there is a day one patch correcting this, but for now I will say that I am disappointed.

The video is on Heisman, adjusted speed threshold to 20. This is one example, but 4 verticals worked 9/10 times I tried in this same game. Probably would have worked 100% of the time had I not attempted it within the opponent's 30 yard line. Any time I tried from my half the field it worked.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #53
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Just played my first half, Florida (me) against FSU (CPU).

Overall, I'm still really impressed. FSU got a ten point lead on me early, and I was worried I wouldn't be able to stop them. But I was able to adjust to a little bit and slowed them down for the rest of the half. The score is sitting at 10-3 right now.

Also, a quick note: I was listening to the half time show and right before they cut back to the game, Reese Davis mentioned something about a coach who likes to "sample the taste of the field", which was obviously alluding to Les Miles over at LSU. Thought that was really neat.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 07-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #54
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Played one game so far. I haven't played a ton of NCAA in the past few years, but I have played a ton of Madden. Overall solid game, game play wise. Blocking has improved and the CPU option is solid (once you get up takes them out of it and they become predictable). The CPU AI had some good moments and poor. Down 14 late in the first half the CPU went for it on fourth down (Were just out of FG range and didnt make sense to punt). But then on their next possession with under a minute to go on their own 15 (after a sack), they call a timeout.

Other elements are OK, but still not great. Commentary isnt bland, as is the college atmosphere. I do like the stat banners comparing your star player to the rest of your teams output. Halftime, was just highlights as the studio hosts said some generic lines about great the game was (I was winning 21-0). Replays are all over the place. Some are so quick(the ESPN wipes are longer) and for long replays EA still uses those weird angles and quick camera cuts between angles)

As others have said, its much better than before. I couldnt play more than 10 games the past few years. This year I think I can get through a season or two once rosters come out.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #55
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29

I beat The U with Rutgers and instead of congratulating Rutgers they talk about how Miami still has one of the best players in the country and probably will bounce back next week. No luv. SMH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #56
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Disappointed more of the loading couldnt have been done server-side the way madden 13 does with online franchise.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »