Home

NBA 2K14 Features Crew Mode - 3-on-3 or 5-on-5

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Features Crew Mode - 3-on-3 or 5-on-5 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K14 Features Crew Mode - 3 vs. 3 or 5 vs. 5 (Current-Gen Only?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Maybe they just want people to buy the game on both gens with this 'Curent gen only'.
Exactly the point ive been trying to make. There marketing for the Current Consoles. Once this game releases they will then start to market again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #122
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
You have created players on created teams with created uniforms with no play books or coaches....... the mode should have been on the playground from the beginning
You're ignorant to Crew. They had coaches and playbooks. Hush.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 08-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #123
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

OVR: 4

I really, sincerely hope that there is more to this than that video and the little info we have. Because, as it stands now, this is unacceptable. It shouldn't matter whether it's you and 1 friend or you and 4 friends launching up a crew game, it should be in an ARENA, NOT IN STREET CLOTHES, and 5v5 EVERY TIME. in 2k11 crew if you started a game with say 2 or 3 people on your crew the other two players are real NBA players controlled by a computer. There is NO excuse to not have the same presentation and setup that we all loved in 2k11 this time around. And don't even get me started on the "Current Gen only" BS. I really hope they prove me wrong and it's a good mode; but it looks like 2k has gone and let us down once again. I feel almost as disappointed seeing this "Crew" if you can even call it that, as I did when finding out that 2k12 and 13 didn't have it at all.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Old 08-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #124
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
I doubt it's only for current gen. All news we are seeing is going to be for current gen, we just have to wait for the next gen stuff which I think won't come about until current gen 2k14 is released
Not sure how else to interpret "Current Gen Only".

If Crew is on next gen, the last logical thing you'd put in an ad is "Current Gen Only".

If "Current Gen Only" actually means "Current Gen, but not really, because we haven't actually announced anything about Next Gen, but want to mislead and confuse by saying 'Current Gen Only'", their entire marketing team should be fired, rehired, and fired again.

Or at least be forced to retake remedial English.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #125
Rookie

Matayeus's Arena

OVR: 0

This ain't crew , it's pickup ball at the park , damn shame . Unless real crew is back , probably gonna sit this one out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #126
Rookie

xx13cloud's Arena

OVR: 0

if its 5v5 arena and 4 quarters ill be happy, plzzzzz dont be to 21 in 5v5
Old 08-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #127
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K14 Features Crew Mode - 3 vs. 3 or 5 vs. 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkfootball06
I'm actually discouraged by this news with it being either 3v3 or 5v5. I so happen have me and 3 other friends in real life who are die hard NBA2k fans and have been wanting crew back since they have removed it. We all 4 really can't play together in a 5v5 match, with our last man being the cpu like 2k11?
Hopefully between the 4 of you, you guys can find one more additional guy to run with.

Looks like they have reach in fouls on the blacktop (1:15 mark) which will be welcomed. Wish they would have taken inbounding the ball back to halfcourt and force people to have to pass the ball into play. Hopefully we have to win by 2 points at the least if still playing to 21. Happy for you crew guys
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:02 PM   #128
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEasy20
Exactly the point ive been trying to make. There marketing for the Current Consoles. Once this game releases they will then start to market again.
To be honest I'd be shocked if that's what they're doing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »