Home

NBA 2K14 Video - New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Lakers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Lakers within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #137
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
You don't know me well enough to say that I defend everything about 2k and yes i said I hope that I hope that it is in the retail version. If that bothers you then I suggest you only talk to the pessimistic folks on here so that you can feel at home. I'm not mad at anyone I am simply voicing my opinion about you and the rest of the complainers as you voiced your opinion about me, see how that works? The bottom line is that I am happy with the improvements and you are not, it happens, let it go and move along.
It doesn't bother me, at all. I said I loved your optimism, but most likely that's not happening. That's the problem, some people like you are too optimistic instead of addressing things you've don't like that you have seen so far, ya'll just be like, "It's an early build, wait till the game comes out." Well, if I see something I don't like, I am going to post about it. I would rather say something and hope developers sees and addresses it instead of just hoping it's fixed when I purchase the game. I've never said I wasn't happy with the improvements, where are you getting this from? I am saying, the crowd does need to be improved and you agree. So, how am I complaining? I am just saying, I don't mind other people complaining about things they want addressed.

And it's funny you say "I am happy with the improvements and you are not, it happens, let it go and move along." Use your own advice when it comes to other people. They aren't happy with improvements but you are, it happens, let it go and move along.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 09-07-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #138
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
It doesn't bother me, at all. I said I loved your optimism, but most likely that's not happening. That's the problem, some people like you are too optimistic instead of addressing things you've don't like that you have seen so far, ya'll just be like, "It's an early build, wait till the game comes out." Well, if I see something I don't like, I am going to post about it. I would rather say something and hope developers sees and addresses it instead of just hoping it's fixed when I purchase the game. I've never said I wasn't happy with the improvements, where are you getting this from? I am saying, the crowd does need to be improved and you agree. So, how am I complaining? I am just saying, I don't mind other people complaining about things they want addressed.

And it's funny you say "I am happy with the improvements and you are not, it happens, let it go and move along." Use your own advice when it comes to other people. They aren't happy with improvements but you are, it happens, let it go and move along.
LOL, good point and as they say touche. I don't mind complaining to get something fixed but that isn't always the case when a 2k game is about to come out. It's the same every year and I guess I have been on OS long enough to be used to it but it is still quite annoying but hey if that complaining gets the crowd noise fixed in the retail version or via a patch then I am all for it.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #139
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure it's not that simple but we can hope. It's probably not good to expect much more now that I think about it, since this is the last version of the game on current gen platforms.
Bad mindset. You don't wanna give the excuse if "its last game of the generation, I don't expect much to improve." That's IMO, just ridiculous. Yeah you can't enhance everything like a PC, but the art department can easily edit all these jerseys in 1 texture edit in Photoshop and it will be easy.

You want the current gen to be big and great to hype the next gen instead of assuming all work went to next gen when really it wasn't much of an improvement to someone's eyes.

Tap Tap Tapatalking away from my iPhone
Old 09-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #140
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
LOL, good point and as they say touche. I don't mind complaining to get something fixed but that isn't always the case when a 2k game is about to come out. It's the same every year and I guess I have been on OS long enough to be used to it but it is still quite annoying but hey if that complaining gets the crowd noise fixed in the retail version or via a patch then I am all for it.
Yeah, I understand. It does get repetitive and some people do complain about the craziest things. But who I am to say what's important to them? Like you said, most of everyone on here is a diehard 2K fan, so they will still buy the game anyways lol. I'll be optimistic with you and hope it makes it into the retail version and it definitely should be in next-gen.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 09-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #141
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Bad mindset. You don't wanna give the excuse if "its last game of the generation, I don't expect much to improve." That's IMO, just ridiculous. Yeah you can't enhance everything like a PC, but the art department can easily edit all these jerseys in 1 texture edit in Photoshop and it will be easy.

You want the current gen to be big and great to hype the next gen instead of assuming all work went to next gen when really it wasn't much of an improvement to someone's eyes.

I think it is reality. 2k basketball has improved tremendously over the last couple of years but I don't think that it is realistic for them to squeeze in every little thing that we want in the last version on the current gen platforms. I do believe that based on the information we have received so far about 2k14, that we will have a lot to forward to on the next versions of the game. There is just no way possible to have everything that you want in this years version.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 09-07-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #142
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Yeah, I understand. It does get repetitive and some people do complain about the craziest things. But who I am to say what's important to them? Like you said, most of everyone on here is a diehard 2K fan, so they will still buy the game anyways lol. I'll be optimistic with you and hope it makes it into the retail version and it definitely should be in next-gen.

We can only hope and as I said before the crowd noise has always been an issue in 2k games. Baseball, hockey and basketball. It was good in NFL 2K5 and APF2K8 but i'm not sure why they can't seem to get it right on the current games. Having a smart crowd would sure add to the atmosphere of the game. It would nice to have it so loud in opposing arenas that it affects how you play. Maybe one day.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #143
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I think it is reality. 2k basketball has improved tremendously over the last couple of years but I don't think that it is realistic for them to squeeze in every little thing that we want in the last version on the current gen platforms. I do believe that based on the information we have received so far about 2k14, that we will have a lot to forward to on the next versions of the game. There is just no way possible to have everything that you want in this years version.
Yeah, but I'm not saying EVERYTHING, just its bad to think that they can't improve the looks of the game because I believe they can. I actually am near sure that they can improve the looks but not even adding/changing code. Gameplay and space wise, yes we're at max. But graphically, it still lacking accurate colors and I know they can do it if OS users can and NLSC members can make jersey patches:

Old 09-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #144
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
You seem to want to keep punishing them for their ridiculously good previous efforts by saying they should be making similar gains every year - which imo isn't fair or practical to expect. I guess it's a matter of perspective, but in a game that was already doing things several years ago that most other sports games weren't doing - or still aren't doing today - you seem to keep expecting them to make the same monumental leaps every year/continually lapping the competition when there are limitations from a technology standpoint and I'd think even a developmental standpoint.

Sure, it's possible for every release to feel like they've thrown the kitchen sink into the game - but I think it's unfair to hold them to that exact standard every year. There are so many little things that get added to the game during any year that much gets unnoticed in part because they don't toot their own horn - such as people in the crowds realistically trying to "yell" at a ref that an opposing team's player travelled, the way much of everything along the baseline is interactive, the varied coach reactions, etc. But you seem to be faulting them for not having added the things YOU'D like added, based on your list. There are limits to what can be done. It only makes sense that in a game that already has a lot of little things content that they're going to be able to add the same amount every year where it's noticeable. Especially to people that play the game near non-stop for 11months out of the year.

I mean c'mon - it'd be nice to see them add players taking off/putting on their warmups when they come in/out of a game. But that's an out-there expectation imo. I'm still amazed they have various animations for players waiting to check into a game, varied free throw reaction anims that mix seamlessly with the individual player free throw routines, etc. I don't see how this game can be faulted for not paying attention to the little things (sorry if I misinterpreted what you were saying)
I see where you're coming from. I didn't really mean my rundown to be a pointed and precise wishlist. I was kind of just throwing examples out there off the top of my head. I was trying to reason why this year's game hasn't looked particularly fresh in comparison to other iterations.

And you're surely right that I'm a little bummed that 2K seems to not be doing a lot of the things I want them to do. I'm guessing we all have things we look for from the games we buy and when games do not follow through on our wishes, it can be a little tough to reconcile.

In short, for me, NBA 2K's been my basketball game since 2K2 because their priorities seemed to be in sync with mine (with the exception of ESPN NBA Basketball 2004). The simulation and authentic replication of real life NBA basketball is my driving motivation here. I like good gameplay, but I admit I'm a sucker for stupid small things that look cool and remind me of real NBA (everything ranging from the implementation of signature jump shot animations to the Detroit Pistons pre-game flame throwers a few years ago).

I understand what you're saying about getting those small things a few years ago and now punishing them when they no longer keep pace. That is not my intent, I'm just kind of scrambling to see how this game is going to appeal to me with such an apparent focus on modes I don't feel truly involve NBA replication (MyPlayer, MyTeam, Crew), no real graphical improvements, and an apparent lack of the aforementioned little things.

I'm a basketball fiend and I know there's a lot that can't be said for a game until it's in one's hands (for better or worse). It's just, coming off a game I didn't love last year (for the first time in a while), I'm hesitant and admittedly a little pessimistic about what I've seen so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »