Home

PES 2014 Demo Available Now For 360, PS3 - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2014 Demo Available Now For 360, PS3 - Post Your Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #49
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I'll post my impressions soon but I think the graphic inconsistencies have to do with the game being compressed to be made a demo.
That's a possibility. I've read that before re other games.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: PES 2014 Demo Available Now For 360, PS3 - Post Your Impressions

Thoughts

The cut scenes are quite choppy. Hopefully that is a demo issue.

Manual shooting is improved by quite a bit. I had several wild shots because I was playing like it was manual from PES 2013.

The collisions are quite nice. In fact all the animations are high quality.

The game seems a lot faster than last year. I didn't see a place to slow it down.

Overall I am pleased and will put it a lot more time with it after the USA game.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #51
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
I meant the relationship between the player and the ball.
If anything I thought this relationship was the biggest improvement over last season. You really feel as like the ball is a ball this year and I like player momentum and how they feel so much more deliberate in their movements. No turning on a dime and no super human control if they are not in the correct position.

I am downloading the FIFA demo now as I have been reading they made this adjustment as well. If so I will be very pleased but expect a little backlash from the FIFA devotees who are used to very direct, if not realistic, control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #52
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Im left pretty sour by the demo seems like the game doesnt recognize 3rd party controllers

On top of that whereas the madden demo WOWED me graphically this game is still bland looking almost 480pish

gameplay still dont know what to say as i can play currently with the ps3 controller as i have to get re use to it again
Old 09-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #53
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

All teams press a lot at least on Top Player, wish I was able to see more space being able to be created. The overall game feels great and I love the weight and shift of the game. Passes feel like they should with weight to them and I love see passes go astray. Shooting is the only big question for me and I can say that the two settings below Manual control don't cut it for me. However, Manual control feels much improved over last year and I can feel the most control shooting with this setting. Possession also seems pretty good. It seems improved over last year and I do enjoy seeing teams move the ball back to defenders.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #54
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Controls are sluggish game is even difficult on beginner

Button presses and player movement is delayed

animations and over LOOK look about 40% better but overall it has no DETAIL or high fidelty
Old 09-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #55
Rookie

4EverBlowingBubbles's Arena

OVR: 2

Konami need to fix GK skills and response in the final game. GKs do an OK job most of the time but they still go full ****** on some occasions.

This happened to me earlier today:

All in all I believe this is a step in the right direction for Konami. They managed to capture a bit of the unpredictability of real-world football.

..::: I'm West Ham Till I Die :::..

MIGHTY HAMMERS 3 - 0 SPURS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #56
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverBlowingBubbles
Konami need to fix GK skills and response in the final game. GKs do an OK job most of the time but they still go full ****** on some occasions.

This happened to me earlier today:

All in all I believe this is a step in the right direction for Konami. They managed to capture a bit of the unpredictability of real-world football.
Actually that was awesome. its the other stuff like diving on thru passes or stray passes towards them, the parrying to the middle constantly the standing around while the ball goes over their head on a cross.
Same thing with the defenders , im so over this extra touch inside the penalty area bouncing around and falls to a forward while my defenders actually run away from the ball, who runs away from the ball inside the box i ask you.
Damn its frustrating. the defenders in both games close down ok but refuse to put a tackle in its frickin stupid and leads to the other problem yet again no fouls, 20 games 1 foul.
Im done being dicked around by these companies same **** every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »