Home

PES 2014 Demo Available Now For 360, PS3 - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2014 Demo Available Now For 360, PS3 - Post Your Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #57
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: PES 2014 Demo Available Now For 360, PS3 - Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Controls are sluggish game is even difficult on beginner

Button presses and player movement is delayed

animations and over LOOK look about 40% better but overall it has no DETAIL or high fidelty
I thought that initially too but as I played it more I noticed that the controls are really sensitive. Push the wrong button or wrong direction on the L-stick and the result will be poor.

The more I play the more I get used to the controls and play better. I was able to put together some nice build-up play with England vs Portugal using the 4-3-3 with Rooney as the false 9 springing the pacy Walcott & Welbeck on the wings.

PES is a lot like NBA2K to me. It's not an easy game to pick up and play and the game can look ugly at times until you get a hold of the controls but when the right people are on the sticks the true beauty shines through.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:37 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 8

Do you guys seriously think the game and controls are sluggish? i thought the demo was superb, and the players animation are beautiful.

This really feels like football.

I agree about the cpu not fouling, though, had very few fouls,that's disappoiting.

Goalkeepers are really hit and miss too.

All in all, this has tremendous potential and it's miles better than PES 13.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:59 AM   #59
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

So is Top Player what everyone is playing on? I have been playing on Professional and I am having a blast.

To me it has a good balance. Maybe I will bump it up to TP when I win all the time all professional.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:21 AM   #60

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Still trying to get fouled. I've played like 15 matches, and the CPU has 0 fouls (not counting offsides). All of the methods I used is PES 2013 result in nothing but perfect CPU tackles.

Last edited by dubcity; 09-11-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:41 AM   #61
All Star

OVR: 20

Increasing the skill level does increase the amount of possession for the CPU team. Thanks for that tip.

But I'm still seeing no fouls, and the game still feels stiff to me. I know that's esoteric. Sorry.

I'm disappointed by both the PES and FIFA demo. I wanted one of them to jump out and scream "buy me," and neither did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 01:54 AM   #62
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Both problems with the FIFA demo and PES are they are too short as always. PES this year is really great and for some reason the lack of fouls are not the concern for me I have given up fouls and have seen the rare foul by the CPU in the 20 matches I play. I feel the fouls might be tweaked for the final version. I will say the more you play this game, the better you get it really starts to shine in my opinion. You can't play this game like any other PES game and once you get that out your mindset boy oh boy this game is a beauty.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:16 AM   #63
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

pros:

the movement is really good. The new engine has really improved the animations and I don't get that slow motion floaty feeling. Also the shooting feels better. I got off some good power strikes without the floaty feeling.

The tactics have a more noticeable effect as well.

Custom camera is a great addition.

Possession numbers are more even.

Cons:

the graphics aren't great. The pitch looks unrealistic and the players in general look kinda pasted on.

There is a frame rate issue also. I think that's what makes it feel laggy and with delayed button response.

I did notice some slow reactions by the keepers but not too bad.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:46 AM   #64
Rookie

4EverBlowingBubbles's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic_BR
Do you guys seriously think the game and controls are sluggish? i thought the demo was superb, and the players animation are beautiful.

This really feels like football.

All in all, this has tremendous potential and it's miles better than PES 13.

I agree mate. The demo has been a pretty damn good experience so far. The gameplay feels fluid and organic and the new engine adds a whole new level of physical play. I'm loving the new ball physics as well. The ball no longer feels attached to the players feet. Konami nailed the feeling of weight and momentum and how all of that has an impact on your passes. It all adds to the realism.

I fired up the demo earlier today and went straight to top difficulty using all manual controls. I had my *** handed to me but it was so much fun. I didn't feel cheated in any way. Every match felt unique. I enjoy watching the replays too. Love all these new little details, especially the cloth simulation and if you zoom in on a player's face you can actually see his skin wrinkle as he screams goal.

Konami still has to turn up GK ability a bit though and I'm afraid the new set piece mechanic makes scoring freekicks way too easy. It also feels a bit unresponsive at times.

Just scored this freekick goal using Riquelme.

Btw has anybody noticed strikers not even trying to win headers? They won't jump at all. They will let defenders clear the ball away every single time. Is this a bug or am I not doing it right?

..::: I'm West Ham Till I Die :::..

MIGHTY HAMMERS 3 - 0 SPURS

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »