Home

PES 2014 Demo Available Now For 360, PS3 - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2014 Demo Available Now For 360, PS3 - Post Your Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #201
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: PES 2014 Demo Available Now For 360, Later For PS3 - Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawstun
This will be your haven!
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/index.php
...and the cause of your divorce!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #202
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PES 2014 Demo Available Now For 360, Later For PS3 - Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavitomax
I also loved the game, for the first time in years i noticed an improvement with this game. i really like every aspect of this game. i will be canceling my fifa pre-order and add that cash to the PES.

my only concern is the edit part. that is i have no idea how this is going to work.

do you do any kind of patches on this game; and if you do where is the safest place to download.
If you can, play it on PC
http://pesedit.com/forums/forum.php?fromMP
Old 09-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #203
Pro

gabri3l3's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: PES 2014 Demo Available Now For 360, PS3 - Post Your Impressions

I just love how you can fake a pass with the keeper (when he has the ball in his hands), nice subtle addition!
Old 09-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #204
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabri3l3
I just love how you can fake a pass with the keeper (when he has the ball in his hands), nice subtle addition!
How do you do that? Do tell!
Old 09-20-2013, 04:43 AM   #205
Pro

gabri3l3's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
How do you do that? Do tell!
You have to press Long Pass and then quickly Regular Pass just like a standard fake pass!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #206
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9

basically you just double tap the pass button with the keeper to do that as well I'm pretty sure.

my favorite moves so far in this game are the step over and the up down on the RAS move... I'm not sure what it's called but basically body feint left and then go right... basically my signature move in real life.. lol everyone calls it weak knees when I would do it growing up

I think my most enjoyable part of the game play though in this game is hitting the advanced through ball.. it feels so great to me. here is example of what I'm talking about..

I have been playing the WE PES JAP Demo for awhile now... absolutely love this game... I just hope konami don't screw up the final game and change the gameplay drastically because to me this is the best footie game to date judging by the demo. I really don't understand those who say the game is to slow... for me the pace and flow of the match is spot on.. I don't think it could be any better in the department. as for the controls being sluggish... I really don't have this problem at all.. especially after playing so much I don't notice anything bad like that. I think those who complaining about that maybe have only played a few matches and are so use to playing at a faster pace and just not use to the game yet. I really believe you must play this game a lot to enjoy it to fullest potential... the more i play it the better it gets for me although my first impressions were good as well though.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #207
All Star

OVR: 20

I'm not sure if PES 2014 is that much improved or if FIFA 14 is stagnant, but the lack of variety in CPU offense in FIFA 14 is more pronounced than ever this year.

Every single team in the demo plays the ball on the deck through midfield, looking to play a through ball to the middle of the box. I've yet to see a CPU team change field with a cross in their end or the midfield, and I'm not even seeing that many crossing attempts into the box by the CPU.

Disappointing, as the slower, more patient buildup play in FIFA 14 is an encouraging improvement. The ball and player physics also are very nice. But when buildup takes nearly the same damn route on every possession by the CPU, the game feels unrealistic and dull.

The more I play PES 2014, the more I appreciate its superb single-player AI compared to FIFA 14.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #208
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
I'm not sure if PES 2014 is that much improved or if FIFA 14 is stagnant, but the lack of variety in CPU offense in FIFA 14 is more pronounced than ever this year.

Every single team in the demo plays the ball on the deck through midfield, looking to play a through ball to the middle of the box. I've yet to see a CPU team change field with a cross in their end or the midfield, and I'm not even seeing that many crossing attempts into the box by the CPU.

Disappointing, as the slower, more patient buildup play in FIFA 14 is an encouraging improvement. The ball and player physics also are very nice. But when buildup takes nearly the same damn route on every possession by the CPU, the game feels unrealistic and dull.

The more I play PES 2014, the more I appreciate its superb single-player AI compared to FIFA 14.
I agree completely.

One of the most beautiful things about the sport is the variety of tactics employed by different clubs around the world.

It's a shame that FIFA doesn't seem interested in capturing that aspect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »