Home

Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Presentation Trailer (Official)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Presentation Trailer (Official) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #129
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookatmenow
Hey bottom line EA Suck!, You guys can continue to defend this crap!! all you want but it's 2013 not 1999.

The football I watch on Sunday looks nothing like anything EA has ever made ....PERIOD!!

Maybe they should do Tech Mo Bowl or NBA JAM, unrealistic games
Haha dude Im not defending anything. Im simply stating that you guys are bashing this game for features and gameplay they havent even revealed yet. I get that the past games havent performed like we all want. But its assinine to watch their first trailer, which showed more footage than the 2k14 trailer, and rag on the fact that they havent shown every single element of their new game in one shot. At least wait for the info to come out before you bash it. Also, if you have zero hope that they might do it right this time around, why the heck are you even here? You clearly arent here to comment on the trailer
Old 09-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #130
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Presentation Trailer (Official)

Not impressed. Maybe my expectations are too high. Maybe watching the 2k next-gen spot tainted my expectations.

But honestly, I almost can't believe we're about to go through this tired song and dance AGAIN. Everybody remembers the Michael Strahan sacking Donovan McNabb trailer right before this current generation of consoles. The sad part is that it still appears that 8 years later heading into the NEXT generation of consoles, EA hasn't achieved that level of realism yet. On top of it, it looks like the same thing is going to happen based off that sizzle trailer we got during E3.

Sure, very little gameplay has been shown outside of that demo they showed at E3. And I know the "this is the pre-phi-beta-alpha build" song and dance that will definitely go along with that but it honestly doesn't look like the gameplay/graphics of Madden 25 is going to measure up to the E3 trailer.

It honestly looks only marginally improved for next gen and there's a couple things that are holding me back. The fact that they're showing very little gameplay, the fact that the little gameplay they show, even less of it is in real time, most is in slow motion or zoomed all the way in. The parts that aren't (like Jay Cutler's drop), looked very similar to current gen, down to the animations. He looks like he's scurrying back and has no weight to him. The rest are cut scenes. The best parts of the video are the celebrations. The lighting looks similar to current gen and doesn't do enough to toe the lines of photorealism enough for me.

Game will still get my money, which will only be the $10 since I have the current gen version right now. Still too early to draw too many conclusions but right now, haven't been impressed with what I've seen where 2k has shown all of 20 seconds of next gen footage and has my jaw on the floor.

Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 09-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #131
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker86
Am I the only one who feels this footage was a level lower than what we saw in the AP promo?

Graphically AND player motion and animation wise.

I've held off of Madden for NG....but I am underwhelmed so at this point.
Agree 100%. Not sure how no one has mentioned this yet. The AP video looked like a great start to evolving the gameplay. This looked like a completely different game and much more similar to current gen with a couple improvements. Granted you can't tell that much because there's not much gameplay there but you can certainly tell that it does not look like that AP video.

But the 2k next gen trailer comparisons crack me up. 2k showed 40 seconds of cgi and 15 seconds of gameplay. Neither trailer showed anything.

Last edited by Dogslax41; 09-30-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 09:26 PM   #132
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Wonder if those celebrations are cut-scenes? Did they remove the cut-scenes or did they recycle the same old ones from current gen? And it looks like Qb drop back animations have not been touched as it still looks like they are sliding/scooting backwards. And that catch animation at the very end didn't look natural either. Need to see more, need to see raw game-play.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 09-30-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Look up where Fifa, which releases same day and date, is on their marketing. Had a fully playable next gen build back in August in Germany. David Rutter is in full swing with every major mag and gaming site. Has already laid out how the new tech will help with AI, about player avoidance and smarter marking and runs. How now they can have multiple players go up into headers. As well, as the living worlds, etc. Seems Tiburon isn't quite as confident in their product. They aren't hyping for launch. They are trying to build holiday sales. Trying to milk this whole deal out. I stand by my red letters. A great game doesn't need super marketing hype. It sells itself......
Its not about confidence. Do you work for a large corporation? I do, and their moves are driven by profit margins. And bottom line, FIFA is their most profitable sports game because its sold world wide at a much higher clip than Madden which is really relegated to NorthAmerica. Fifa showed at the Germany show BECAUSE it has a huge market in Europe. If Madden did, they'd be there too I can assure you that. Marketing for these game is extremely calculated and it's not simply tied to confidence in their game and which one they think is good. Fifa is obviously going to be first on the docket for them.Its their #1 game. Madden going to Germany is throwing money away.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #134
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

give ea there props, and stop hating! for a trailer it looked GREAT! i think the game is going to be great, i think there's alot of people mad that they are stuck playing a older version then what is new out, stop being jealous hearted! ea, is doing a good job, and i think they deserve a hand!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #135
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Not overly whelmed.

I'm going to be looking hard at game play, animations, the new AI and presentation.

Those four categories above need to improve drastically and start moving the needle upward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #136
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Rich 317
Why is there so much complaining? If you are a true madden fan, this should excite you.... did you watch the same video that I did??
Best post ever! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I guess they don't allow women, children, or anyone who is not a short-haired, 20- to 40-year-old male to watch football games in Denver:

Spoiler
Nice catch and I was just about to give the game credit for how alive the crowds look in that clip. Hopefully more crowd diversity is an easy fix considering they are touting sharing the same animations/assets for all Ignite Engine games.

Also interested about this part

"Combined with high-fidelity animations that deliver the smoothest, most authentic looking player interactions ever, Madden NFL 25 delivers stunning visuals."

in concert with the improved AI touted.

Now that I got some constructive optimism out the way, like someone else noted, it's unfortunate after all that talk of "living worlds", there now seems to be some backtracking for interactive sidelines potentially not being fully implemented this year. I could have sworn this was a heavily touted feature not too long ago, mentioning things like the sidelines catching/helping teammates and moving out the way for opponents. It's just window dressing anyway but kind of odd to emphasize something like that, then it not be ready this year.

I'll hold my peace on the other elements until they are released, especially considering the broadcast capability built into the new consoles will make it near impossible to hide game play after release. I keep thinking back to that interview where Ian Cummings stated he goes into instant replay constantly in current M25 to see what happened and anyone with a new console can finally share that kind of breakdown with the masses, without extra equipment. I constantly hype the broadcast capability of the new consoles because I truly believe it will put the onus on games to have far more polish when released.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »