Home

NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Video with a Few New Screenshots

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Video with a Few New Screenshots within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #49
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
Guy from OpSports took 2 out of 3?? represent
Old 10-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Better Quality 2k14 Next Gen Footage + Plus Screenshots from My GM and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
On the lob to Bogat the bench's reaction is PRICELESS...all in all this game looks beautiful and I can't wait to get my hands on it!!!

P.S. the scoreboard and screen wipes look amazing
Hilarious that Kent Bazemore was unimpressed for both Klay and Bogut's dunks.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #51
MVP

Re: NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Video with a Few New Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
I always rolled my eyes at Wishlists where little kids would say they wanted a house, girlfriend, car etc. for their MyPlayer, but last night my general impression on Twitter was that they're aiming to become Grand Hoops Auto.

I do feel sim is going to die soon, as the masses don't care about that, and 2K have clearly catered to the masses, with all this RPG stuff.

The only thing that I've seen that could be called "Next-Gen Sim" is the way the new Point of Emphasis feature works, but even that is a revamp of a feature on 2K10.
Just because they add RPG elements and emotional elements (which is actually sim when implemented properly) doesn't mean they're doing away with the underlying sim basketball. It's gotten better each year. Mike is still involved with the sim gameplay.

I don't understand the fear mongering over things 2K has always made effort on just because they add features that don't appeal to some of us.

Online is bad, and the VC centric nature of things is concerning, but seriously, what's one scrap of evidence that 2K is going away from sim gameplay in its base basketball engine and making NBA Jam? Pretty much everything they've done is heading towards more depth and realism, including all the trappings of MyGM.

Their most egregious sin is removing Practice Plays, but that's more a function of their VC/stats centric way of measuring what modes to cut -- but the plays themselves have improved, so again, more sim.

I don't-like-this-mode-so-not-sim is really a non-sequitor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #52
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
is it just me or does that look nothing like curry
he looks too mature and not 'baby-faced'
Old 10-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
he looks too mature and not 'baby-faced'
Something off about his mouth area, and his eyes are a little too deeply sunken. Same with Bogut.

Really wish they didn't capture Curry and Lee on noshaving-until-playoffs beard days.

Lee looks straight up like Ben Affleck from Argo.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 6

Of all the animations that 2K put into the game, I am surprised they didn't capture the animations of a PG looking up the other end before receiving an inbound pass. PGs in the NBA always ALWAYS does that whenever a basket is made and they had to get the ball inbound and before they do that, THEY ALWAYS tend to look the other way to see if any DEFENDER is around him before receiving the inbound pass from his teammate. Since 2K has always been very detail about everything...i am surprised they left this out since the creation of NBA2K game! I wouldn't pick on this if they didn't add so many subtle animations in the game.

If you watch an NBA game, you will know what i am talking about. Every time other team scored a bucket, the PG quickly look the other end to see if anybody is around him before receiving the ball from inbound. If 2K want to be detail about it which i figure they are having put in ridiculous amount of animations in the game, this is a no brainer.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #55
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14
OS winning 2 of 3 games... Of course! Nice video can't wait!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 7
THIS video and analysis is much better than the Gamespot video earlier. I hate to hear guys who dont play these type of games trying to review them and clearly the guy in the Gamestop was one of those. Id rather hear from the guy in this vid or the Czar etc....Guys who know what they are talking about. Thank you

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »