Home

NBA 2K14 Screenshot Comparison - Durant, Ray Allen & Kobe Current-Gen vs. Next-Gen

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Screenshot Comparison - Durant, Ray Allen & Kobe Current-Gen vs. Next-Gen within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2013, 03:02 AM   #73
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K14 Screenshot Comparison - Durant, Ray Allen & Kobe Current-Gen vs. Next-Ge

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaska2k3
Could it possibly be the lighting of the court or maybe a glimpse of the emotion engine at work (facial expression doesn't seem relaxed)? I held my phone to my waist and looked at the the Durant comparison photo and the right seemed eerily realistic. I can understand the discrepancy that others here are discussing the how accurate Durant looks. I've always felt that Chris Paul's model steadily declined as the series on current went on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
One thing I have found, the facial expressions (while great to have in the game) is that I find if a screen cap is made during one, it can make cyber faces look less like the real life counter part......

E.G: I think the OMG trailer Durant was PERFECT! And this one is good, but not as perfect. He isn't making much of an expression in this one, lighting may also be a factor, but yes, finding that the expressions make a slight difference....

Also when LeBron would pull an expression at the beginning of the OMG trailer, he looked "chubbier" than usual....

Just the expression I think....

Looks great though I. Absolutely amazed, can not WAIT!
Old 10-25-2013, 03:08 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K14 Screenshot Comparison - Durant, Ray Allen & Kobe Current-Gen vs. Next-Ge

im pretty sure what everyone is referring to when they talk about Lebrons face looking fat at times is just him blowing air through his lips. ive even noticed it in current gen, but its not as noticeable.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:17 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
One thing I have found, the facial expressions (while great to have in the game) is that I find if a screen cap is made during one, it can make cyber faces look less like the real life counter part......

E.G: I think the OMG trailer Durant was PERFECT! And this one is good, but not as perfect. He isn't making much of an expression in this one, lighting may also be a factor, but yes, finding that the expressions make a slight difference....

Also when LeBron would pull an expression at the beginning of the OMG trailer, he looked "chubbier" than usual....

Just the expression I think....

Looks great though I. Absolutely amazed, can not WAIT!
I agree. I imagined the chubby appearance to Lebron's face was 2K's way to depict him wearing a mouth guard - reminds me of this photo of him walking away during a timeout in the gameplay video -

If that's the case, the annual "Little Things" thread would be quite refreshing to read though, especially with the attention to detail 2K has put forth in this game according to multiple sports gaming articles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2013, 04:59 AM   #76
Rookie

balljonesjr's Arena

OVR: 8
This may seem trivial but wouldn't it be cool if as players change hair styles and accessories the game updated it all in all 915 can't come any sooner
Old 10-25-2013, 05:40 AM   #77
Pro

d23x's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by balljonesjr
This may seem trivial but wouldn't it be cool if as players change hair styles and accessories the game updated it all in all 915 can't come any sooner
Not trivial at all. They actually promised player art updates for current gen, and never followed through.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #78
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Someone mentioned that Bosh needed a longer neck.....man they weren't kidding...

Old 10-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #79
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Agreed . I think the Durant pic was just a bad angle. He's spot on in the trailer
All of the Pics of KD on next gen look great idk what ya'll are nitpicking at
Old 10-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Screenshot Comparison - Kevin Durant & Ray Allen Current-Gen vs. Next-Ge

Next gen wins easily, and they FINALLY got Durant right after 6 years

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »