Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #17
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay (Suns vs. Clippers)

Good to see some video with someone who knows how to play.

People don't realize how big of a difference that makes. I've see some 2k vids where the gameplay from a AI standpoint looks atrocious, then others where it looks like it could be an actual live NBA game. Gameplay still has it's own issues though.

Quote:
Also, it's odd, but it seems like the dribbling animations are higher quality than all the other ones...if that makes sense..
Exactly what I said too lol it's actually glaringly obvious. Which is a good and bad thing I guess. It shows how much time was spent on that part of the game, but it also shows how bad everything else needs that attention to detail.

Presentation is real nice. Love the outside look of the arenas and all the pre-game stuff. Commentary is not as good as advertised at least to me. There are some weird spikes in excitement from Breen and awkward pauses. Arena ambience sounds good.

Spacing looked better in this video than the others.

Shooting/Passing/Running animations are all really awkward. Shooting off the dribble looks weird. Player models still need serious work and graphically some of the faces are not very good.

Ball physics are very meh. Other than dribbling I'm not seeing where they "released it to physics". Bounce passes travel at warp speeds, especially on entries into the post, and then some passes around the perimeter travel in slow motion.

Player physics also need serious work. Players do have a greater sense of weight which is nice, but on contact, especially on shot contests in the paint, it's like physics don't exist. Players just go undeterred to the rim.

Still no signature FT shots?

Also, I'm already seeing the glaring issue with a Synergy only AI. Because there is a fairly good chance that Synergy isn't going to fix all these things. Not being able to edit ratings or sliders is a serious issue and not including that is inexcusable. I can guarantee that 90% of people will not be happy with the way the game plays using just Synergy data.

Glad, they finally have released a game and have something to build from, however still incredibly disappointed they didn't build directly from Live 10 and actually tried to salvage things from Elite. That was a poor decision.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 4

There's a lot of hop stepping and blocked jumpers in this particular game. Animations are pretty generic especially the jumpers. Post ups are unrealistic also. Guys are not getting pushed out like that whil backing down in real life. Maybe before they receive the ball but not while they have the ball in the post.

The gameplay is just so bland and dry. I don't see why they didn't release this for current gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #19
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

My thoughts so far: Graphics are alright, and again - player/court ratio seems ok to me. Stadium looks nice! Presentation is good. That's the good news.

Movement, animations and physics - 2006'ish. Which basically affects the gameplay and kills right there, for me. I don't understand why they insist on sticking with that (for a few years now), but I guess that's their interpretation of human movement/interaction. It's like an artists who paints something from real life - and makes it seem so different and unrealistic - but that's their interpretation, and that's their art. I take it as it won't change anytime soon.

Live has one major thing going for it: It hasn't been released for years and there are many gamers out there that (rightfully) missed it. It will still sell, maybe not amazingly, but it'll be fine, in my opinion.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #20
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
These vids make the game look a little better since the guy knows how to play. I still don't see this as a next gen $65 game though. I like the espn overlays, and I like JVG as a commentator. They just have to make the commentary sound more fluid and get rid of the odd pauses. I'd buy this if it were on the ps3 though.
Yes, I agree. If it was called Live 07 or 08 and was released back then, that would be worth it. Definitely not next-gen, for me. Not even a 2012 current-gen.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #21
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Not a fan of the defense in this video...I know synergy hasn't been implemented yet, but it shouldn't effect some of the simple defensive aspects/rotations etc.

Also, it's odd, but it seems like the dribbling animations are higher quality than all the other ones...if that makes sense..

Really hope I can play this again today to see for myself...
Synergy doesn't effect the defense at all.In fact I'm 100% sure the defensive AI is something EA has to code into the game.I would be interested to see if any CPU AI player for example LeBron is able to register a triple/double during actual gameplay.
Westview Basketball #33
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #22
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
There's a lot of hop stepping and blocked jumpers in this particular game. Animations are pretty generic especially the jumpers. Post ups are unrealistic also. Guys are not getting pushed out like that whil backing down in real life. Maybe before they receive the ball but not while they have the ball in the post.

The gameplay is just so bland and dry. I don't see why they didn't release this for current gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and this is why not being able to edit jump ratings or shot block ratings is a bad thing IMO.
Westview Basketball #33
Old 11-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by westview33
I would be interested to see if any CPU AI player for example LeBron is able to register a triple/double during actual gameplay.
Why wouldn't they?
Old 11-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Synergy DNA, my friend. Once there is some DNA implemented, the players will act even more like their real-life counterparts and it won't be so basic.
I gotta disagree. The game has some type of Synergy data already. The biggest problem is the lack of animations. Kobe wont play like kobe if he has no animations. He can take the shot from the same spot on the floor as in real life, but it won't feel like him because his movement is off. Graphics and animations are the main need for live next year. It looks like they got the game up and running to a point where it plays sound. Once that was in place they had to work on presentation, rising star mode and the other game mode. They couldn't ship bare bones like the start of last gen. The game feels cold cause everyone moves the same due to the lack of animations not DNA data.

And has Anyone noticed the weird arm/wrist movement on the players. It really bothers me when they shoot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »