Home

NBA 2K14: As Problems Mount, Some Gamers Getting Refunds from Retailers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: As Problems Mount, Some Gamers Getting Refunds from Retailers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2014, 05:53 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K14: As Problems Mount, Some Gamers Getting Refunds from Retailers

Quote:
Originally Posted by willh313
They gotta get rid of that always online crap. I'm sure this stuff will be cleared up when they meet with the community again this spring.
I hope so. But a part of me fears 2K will instead go the route of, "Our modes still require an online connection, but we made massive upgrades to our servers so everything should be okay." But I agree, the always-online for non-online modes absolutely must go. It is an absolutely awful idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #26
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I hope so. But a part of me fears 2K will instead go the route of, "Our modes still require an online connection, but we made massive upgrades to our servers so everything should be okay." But I agree, the always-online for non-online modes absolutely must go. It is an absolutely awful idea.
I think that's why Microsoft ditched the "always online" for the XB1.

I kind of get the feeling that Take Two and 2K were anticipating it being there for the XB1, and 2K designed a game around that model, and were kinda blindsided by MS' decision.

Then again, at the very same time...the VC being literally everywhere makes a strong argument for "give us as much money as you can, k thanks."

If enough companies hop on board this refund thing, then they'll look at Take Two & 2K sideways when it comes time to order more copies of the game in bulk.

That'll make Take Two say "hol' up hol' up hol' up...what happened now...?" and MAYBE the gamers will be rewarded.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:21 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Damn i wish i bought mine digitally from amazon
Old 01-06-2014, 06:32 PM   #28
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Totally agree with you but haven't they been claiming to have "upgrades" to their servers for few years now? It's almost like they were so confident about being the only basketball game for so long they said people won't stop buying our product...put it out.

They're going to realize that you can't keep screwing over the consumers with faulty servers, then nickel and dime them to death with VC while they are trying to connect to those servers.

Have been a fan of 2K since Dreamcast but if there was ever a time where it seemed a company got to full of themselves this would be it. Wonder if Gamestop is giving refunds...may have to call and see.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:37 PM   #29
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Walmart took the game back as well. I had the receipt from 11/14 when I bought it, and they had no problems giving a refund. The guy working the counter said that they had received several returns here recently of "broken" NBA 2k14 copies. (Lexington, KY)
Old 01-06-2014, 06:48 PM   #30
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Broken NBA 2K14 copies. Lol that's embarassing for 2K.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:07 PM   #31
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA 2K14: As Problems Mount, Some Gamers Getting Refunds from Retailers

Unfortunately I can't trade mine in....just need a BBALL game in my life and Live isn't quite giving me a fix...guess I just have NBA 2k: Quick Game Edition for the time being...smh

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 01-06-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 07:28 PM   #32
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
VC as currency and microtransactions have been the two worse things to happen to this series...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »