Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2014, 12:16 PM   #153
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: RBI Baseball 14 IS BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Probably will be an arcadey game, a few levels below the last MLB 2k's even.
Impossible.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:44 PM   #154
All Star

OVR: 13
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I agree that The Show gets a pass on a lot of things due to it's aesthetics.
And it does a lot of good things on the field as well, but I always had more fun with 2K.
I've said it before that if 2K looked and moved like The Show, it would be the one everyone's talking about.
I agree with this completely. If 2K had The Show's graphics, it would have sold much better and be much better received. For as much as people claim visuals are less important in this day and age, I would argue that 2k had for a long time the much-superior pitcher-batter interface, which is ultimately what 90% of baseball boils down to.

Anyway, if it's done right, aracadey baseball can be fun. I loved Ken Griffey Jr. baseball on SNES, and the original RBI was one of the best games ever. Of course, for my money, the original "Bases Loaded" and "Hardball" on C64 are among the best baseball games ever...
Old 01-22-2014, 09:44 PM   #155
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

If this is fun that's all I need. Baseball Sims are like second jobs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2014, 12:37 AM   #156
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
If this is fun that's all I need. Baseball Sims are like second jobs.
lmao, said no one ever
Old 01-23-2014, 02:41 AM   #157
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And if it is arcadey, if it's fun it may be well worth it's sticker price.
Heck, I still play Baseball Stars.

Whatever I paid for that like 20 years ago is still paying off now
Old 01-23-2014, 07:59 AM   #158
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Heck, I still play Baseball Stars.

Whatever I paid for that like 20 years ago is still paying off now
Was Baseball Stars the one where it showed a press conference after a big signing?
I loved that game too!

One of my favourites was Baseball Simulator 2000. Yes, there was a stadium on the moon and you could earn special powers like super speed, or super jump.
But that game was a lot of fun too. It had a pretty deep stats package, standings, etc.

I'm completely ignorant to how much money it takes to produce a game these days, but man, back in the 80's, it was great being a baseball fan.
There were oodles of games to choose from.
It'd be nice to have more than 1 or 2 options to choose from.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:35 AM   #159
MVP

OVR: 10

I have no idea what it's going to be, but I know that I'd much rather have it be a quick, simple and fun old-school baseball game than a game that tries to be The Show and comes up short. Of course, I'd still rank the NES Baseball Stars as my favorite baseball game ever. I miss games like that.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:05 AM   #160
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
I agree with this completely. If 2K had The Show's graphics, it would have sold much better and be much better received. For as much as people claim visuals are less important in this day and age, I would argue that 2k had for a long time the much-superior pitcher-batter interface, which is ultimately what 90% of baseball boils down to.

Anyway, if it's done right, aracadey baseball can be fun. I loved Ken Griffey Jr. baseball on SNES, and the original RBI was one of the best games ever. Of course, for my money, the original "Bases Loaded" and "Hardball" on C64 are among the best baseball games ever...
Hardball was revolutionary back in the day. It was a bummer though when I realized that the guys place in the lineup determined how fast he was, power he had, etc. That and I think that Barnes guy for the blue team could run faster than the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »